Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Pratt Attacked

Default Chris Pratt Attacked

So some MCU alums got together for a political discussion and Chris Pratt is being torn into for not being among those present (newsflash, he wasn't the only absentee). Chris Pratt has chosen to remain impartial it seems and Twitter fiends deem this unacceptable. "Silence is violence." Film at 11.

Detractors are dragging Pratt's name through the mud because he is Christian. No other confirmed opinion on politics or rights or LGBTQ but they're labeling him sexist, racist, and homophobic anyway. They claim his church supports conversion therapy, which is a gross mutilation of the truth. The founder of his church supported conversion therapy, but the church itself has long since disavowed the practice.

RDJ, Zoe Saldana, James Gunn, and Mark Ruffalo all came to Pratt's defense, speaking to his character. Each was summarily shredded by Twits who labeled them, used racial slurs and death threats, and complained that no Marvel alum came to the defense of earlier criticisms of Brie Larson.

The difference being that while Pratt has literally said nothing and done nothing to warrant these attacks, Brie got openly political... and when you platform, it invites criticism.

But Twits won't see it this way. It's their way or the highway. Twitter cancel culture.

Personally, this is where my politics begins and ends... with the demand for celebs to stop cowtowing to Twits (also stop frequenting, shut it down, go somewhere else), the demand that Twitter be shutdown as it has long since become dominated by clear and present internet trolls, and the suggestion that every Twit who ever levied a death threat be rounded up into internment camps. But that's just political opinion. What's your position?

The twitterati have sniffed out the fact that he's (probably) conservative or libertarian. That's sacrilege in hollywood. They want the actors to appear to be super progessive (which most of them naturally are anyway, as most people in "the arts" are), because it's very helpful in distracting attention from the fact that it's the most capitalist and unequal place in the entire country.

It's a lot easier to wheel out some actors to explain that climate change and racism are bad, instead of actually changing their own local economy to help benefit more people instead of just a tiny handful of super millionaires and billionaires.

smurf Cancel Culture.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Guys, it was a dumb little poll and the MCU actors responded immediately with a passionate defense, while the women and POC who had been openly harassed and sent death threats before got next to zero support. I fail to see how Pratt is in any danger here just because a couple people pointed out some skeevy things, but I certainly think they’re justified in pointing out this injustice. Like sure, cancel culture is a thing that can get out of hand but where were all these passionate defenders on the internet when it was Brie Larson, Emily Osment or Anthony Mackie got super harassed. Yeah, actual death threats are something you just have to deal with but losing a twitter poll on the worst Chris and people pointing out some stuff they think are problematic? We have to protect the rich white dude whose career is in no way jeopardized by this!

Guys, grow up. Seriously.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretending that the rich, white man is being cancelled because some people online are upset that he's a fan of alt right talking heads and supports a church with a questionable history are laughable. Everyone will forget in a week or two and his career won't suffer one iota.

Criticism isn't cancellation kids. And some people aren't objectively bad enough and are white enough, rich enough, and equipped with the right genetalia to suffer no real consequences.

Also not the least bit surprised by the resident sexist not passing up an opportunity to take another swipe at Brie Larson. Because how dare a woman actually speak about their politics instead of doing what the rich white men do by exercising their privilege of staying silent because politics don't actually negatively impact them at all and they don't care enough how politics affect the vulnerable to use their platform to help.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just another day.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Pratt and his family as he recovers from this brutal attack.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Brie Larson, Emily Osment or Anthony Mackie got super harassed.
    I'm not big on these movies so I can't really say, but I have seen Brie support around. Emily and Anthony I can't really say for sure. "Who are these people ?" Patrick Star moment.

Yeah, actual death threats are something you just have to deal with

What the smurf Fynn.

You know he's being sarcastic and mocking the absurdity of Mercen-X's position, right?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Brie Larson, Emily Osment or Anthony Mackie got super harassed.
    I'm not big on these movies so I can't really say, but I have seen Brie support around. Emily and Anthony I can't really say for sure. "Who are these people ?" Patrick Star moment.

Yeah, actual death threats are something you just have to deal with

What the smurf Fynn.
    I didn't realize Emily Osment was in MCU? but Anthony Mackie is Falcon. He's with Captain America usually from Captain 2 on.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She's not in the MCU. Maybe meant Elizabeth Olsen?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I did mean Elizabeth and holy trout yes I was mocking, Jesus Christ

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post

Personally, this is where my politics begins and ends... with the demand for celebs to stop cowtowing to Twits (also stop frequenting, shut it down, go somewhere else), the demand that Twitter be shutdown as it has long since become dominated by clear and present internet trolls, and the suggestion that every Twit who ever levied a death threat be rounded up into internment camps.
    LMAOOOO.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey guys remember how Chris Pratt’s career ended and the slander on his name has never stopped in the past two weeks

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To this day people still tell the tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post

Personally, this is where my politics begins and ends... with the demand for celebs to stop cowtowing to Twits (also stop frequenting, shut it down, go somewhere else), the demand that Twitter be shutdown as it has long since become dominated by clear and present internet trolls, and the suggestion that every Twit who ever levied a death threat be rounded up into internment camps.
    LMAOOOO.
    You know I didn't even read that far into the OP originally because why bother but jesus christ what an absurd thing to say. Now I want to know if he's serious about wanting to genocide twitter users.