Blog Entries

Default hades

it rox i just beat it for the first time

what's your fave weapon/boon/character

bow with auto fire is just a destroyer imo
    but im partial to the sword, feels nicer

huge fan of dash remnant damage

i like pretty much all the characters, great design work here

It's an easy GOTY for me, and I'm happy to see that it's selling and reviewing so well. I'm slowly increasing the heat on the punishment pacts, and have escaped w/ all weapons at level 5 heat. I actually think I enjoy playing sword most, but my fastest escapes tend to be with the spear for some reason. As for boons, I'll basically never skip an Ares or a Hermes boon if I can help it. Nothing like having a thousand blade rifts on the screen with increased size and the ability to pull enemies in while dashing around the screen like a madman.

One of my favorite things about the game is the unique hidden dialogues that are still opening up for me 40 hours in. Bring a specific boon, item, or keepsake into a fight and the character will comment on it in a way that relates to their mythological backstory.

Yeah, typing about it has made me wanna play it again. Imma go play and crank the heat up a little bit.

(SPOILER)IS THERE NO ESCAPE? DUN DUN, DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

im nearing endgame i think and it is still more fun than any game i've played in the last like
    i dunno
    10 years?

i got a sub 26 escape with the fists a few days ago i was proud of myself

This game is constantly on my radar but I've yet to take the plunge. The developer is a hit or miss company for me, but I still love them. I will eventually get the game. And looking forward to it

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll pick this up today since it is on Cyber Monday sale at the Nintendo e-shop. Looks fun.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pheesh played the trout out of this game so much that it's even one of my favourite games

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hades character art is pure bisexual confusion, and I'm very for it.

Super Soaker build is great fun. Lucifer Adamant Rail + Poseiden Attack + Zeus/Poseidon Duo boon = smurf you zap zap.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just got the that rail outside today and I don't like it much but I can see it working with good boons. for me the social was kind of useless but maybe I just had bad boons

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The art is very 1990s, which is awesome.

I started playing and I died a few times, but then I read I was supposed to go after keys and more permanent stuff at the beginning. Whoops!

Articles
    Blog Entries

yah start with keys and darkness to beef up

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So far I haven't been able to beat the first boss with anything but Sword. The bow and shield are tough to use but I do like the spear. I need more keys for fists.

My favorite boon I got so far was a Poseidon dash attack, I powered it to level 3 and didn't even need to swing my weapon in most rooms. Dash dash dash! I may have been using bow in that run so I was able to beat Meg for a bow upgrade but it was on a technicality.

I just unlocked the ability to fling more of the cast crystals at a time so I wanted to try some boons that focus on the cast.

The mobs and the lava in the second tier are very hard.

Right now I mostly just experiment and go for keys/darkness/gems when I see them. I usually farm up some decent stuff for upgrades and get promptly sent back to start by Meg.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love Poseidon dash. Athena dash is the traditional meta for Reflect, but Poseidon dash is just so fun.

A spear dash build was what took me the furthest first time around. Bow was always my worst, and currently the weapon I have the fewest clears with.

Articles
    Blog Entries

del, if you can get death defiance, get it asap, it will extend your game a lot. and cast builds are so much fun, especially Poseidon and Athena. dionysis also good but harder to use. ive also been using Poseidon dash a lot, even more than athena.

(SPOILER)bow has me in the highest heat right now. aspect of chiron is game breaking if you get a good boon combo.

edit: well not breaking.. I still die sometimes but at this point it's more victories than deaths on average

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have two death defiance now, and a third from the Skelly keepsake. Should keep me going for a while.

I had my best run yet, got all the way to the boss of the third area. It happened to be with bow, which I didn't like at first. Bow can be pretty good if you power it up, I had a three-shot attack and also a power up that made each shot an AOE for big damage. And of course water dash, easily my favorite boon at this point.

Articles
    Blog Entries

nice job!

krissy third boss strats:
    (SPOILER)my general strat for third boss is to focus on asterius first because once theseus hits half health, well.... you want space to move around, that's for sure
    it's also easier to dodge the spear throw cause he paints a target on zag than it is to dodge asterius sometimes, so dealing with asterius first is simpler imo
    it's also beneficial to have a call at this point, and probably have it at max gauge by the time theseus is at half health
    tbh i've maxed out the mirror and they still murder me sometimes so it is a boon luck/your finger energy thing sometimes