Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone buying a new console this week?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

thinkin of buying a ps4 in a few months when they're 100

There's a certain strategy to buying consoles only at the end of their life to always get them for low prices (doesn't typically work with Nintendo consoles, but it can certainly work with Sony). However, in this case, where the PS5 is backwards compatible, it might be more financially prudent to skip ps4 altogether if you don't have it already. Of course, everyone's situation is different and it's much a decision on opportunity cost as it is strict total dollars spent.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Really contemplating on getting a Switch after I saw one for 300 that came with Animal Crossing when I was in Target.
    Really hoping that the $300 Switch + Game combo becomes the new normal, and isn't just a deal for the week of Black Friday. Would like to buy for Christmas.

The Switch/Mario Kart 8 Bundle has sold out fast. I feel like I remember the various Wii's of the past eventually just being bundled with a Mario game at the base price. It's time for the Switch to have a permanent bundle, too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I can't see a reason to get either console right now. I also plan to wait quite a while before I bother to pick one up.

I was actually considering a gaming PC instead, if I can convince Pumpkin it's a good idea.

With what money?