Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I started FFXV

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Great, and should I read the manga too? And get the collectible action figures? Would that help me understand this game I already paid for?
    Don't forget the Kenny & Kelly Crow gacha, officially licenced cup noodles and Aranea body pillow, all of which are super important to the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    If you watch the Brotherhood episode about him, it explains a little bit of how he can be such a dick to Noctis. However, (1) you shouldn't need a separate anime to explain the motivation of your game's characters and (2) they've been together for several years after that so it was still odd that he went right back to dick mode after Altissia. It's not like Noct sat on the sidelines during Altissia, he was pretty active and suffered a pretty big loss.

One thing that bothered me in the whole game was that if Noctis bumps into him while running around, he gets very snippy with a 'hey watch it!!' which doesn't seem like a good way to talk to one of your best friends.
    I especially love how Prompto made such an inappropriate and possibly even offensive joke about Ignis's blindness, yet it was Noctis who told him it wasn't funny while Gladio said nothing. And apparently if you warp strike out of harms way during a fight in that chapter Gladio will chastise you for "abandoning" Ignis, or so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Honestly, everything that’s happened in Altissia had been distressing for the whole gang. Gladio has been well established as processing his grief through anger, so it really didn’t seem out of character for him. Did it feel unfair from the player’s or Noctis’ point of view? Sure. But people don’t always behave fairly when in a crisis. I feel it’s less an issue of poor writing and more just genuine character flaws showing through
    Yeah but for some reason he really zeroes in on Noctis, like he's always secretly harboured resentment towards him and now finally has an excuse to let it out.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I definitely got the warp strike comment from Gladio many times.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Do you have the sword that they give you with the Royal Edition that enables you to do massive damage with Warp strike? I breezed thru most of the game with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh yeah, I used that up until I randomly got Ultimate Weapon from a quest. Then I used that for the rest of the time. I actually liked how the game was so nonchalant about giving you the good items out of no where.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Ultima blade you meant? Actually, I rmb the Ragnarok still does more dmg if you spam warp strike at the right distance.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah ultima blade. I did not know the other one was good if you use warp strike a lot. I did spam warp strike about 90% of the time.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Have you gotten the flying car yet? One complaint about this game is flying sux. You can easily crash and the game just ends with it!! God, flying was the best part in the FF series. FF XV really ruins it.

PS: I am not sure if the latter DLCs and updates fixed this though.