View Poll Results: How do you feel about XV so far?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • So excited I’ll preorder Type-0 just for the demo

8 33.33%
  • It is ok, I’ll get this game eventually

5 20.83%
  • I like it so far but would like to see more to decide

5 20.83%
  • Don’t like it so far but would like to see more to decide

3 12.50%
  • It is bad, I won’t be getting this game

1 4.17%
  • Other (please elaborate)

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Based on what we have seen so far, how do you feel about XV?

Default Based on what we have seen so far, how do you feel about XV?

There has been quite a lot of new footage, info, pictures and all around goodies of XV over the last couple of months; enough, I'd think for people to form a general opinion about the game itself. So, going by what we have seen so far, how do you feel about XV?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I haven't really been "following it" but what little I've seen so far looks fun. Something about the car and this potentially being a buddy road trip thing just makes it look like something that will be really enjoyable to play.

I'm unbelievably excited but am definitely not getting Type-0 because I don't have a PS4. I will probably get a PS4 close to when XV eventually comes out.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

I'm excited!... But I can't play it because I don't have a PS4 and they are bloody expensive.
    So I chose "Other" because the next few positive options sounds like I'm hesitant. And I'm not. It looks awesome as heck!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm excited but i can't preorder it cause no ps4 so yeah i have to take the next option down.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a male-centered video game catering to the Entourage audience. No thank you.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

SE has been making odd choices with the direction of this franchise over the last several years, which makes me cautious. I'll probably buy it as long as it has a decent story. Lightning Returns showed me that some cool gameplay elements and fancy graphics will not be enough to sell me.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quietly optimistic.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quietly optimistic.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not optimistic at all, to me it just doesn't have the Final Fantasy feel to it and I think they've gone for style over substance.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I'm excited, and I have pre-ordered Type-0 but not specifically for the demo. It's a nice bonus though ^^

From what we've seen I think it's going to be a fun game. I watched the cave / dungeon video last night and the gameplay, for an incomplete battle system, looks great. Add to that, the demo is only a part of the Duscae region, and the full game is meant to be 10x the size of the ENTIRE Duscae region. Lets just hope the stroy holds up, really intrigued to see where that goes.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Preordered Type-0 for the demo months ago, and I have the day off work when it comes out :P

I haven't really enjoyed a Final Fantasy since X. That being said, XV is my most anticipated game of the generation so far.

It looks right up my alley,

The Modern Setting (8 is my fav and the modern setting is a big part of that)
    Interesting Characters (characters actually seem to have backstory and character development for a change)
    Relationships (Both romantic and friendly seem far more fleshed out then what we saw in 12 or 13)
    Intriguing Story (the conflict between the different nations seems really interesting so far)
    Open World
    Enemy Designs (getting HD versions of classic enemies like Garula, Naga, Goblins, Catoblepas)
    Battle System (I love the KH battle system! A more complex version of that in a FF? HELLS YES!)

XV definitely has what it takes to be my favourite game in over a decade......that being said it's also Square Enix's last opportunity to convince me they can make a decent game. If it sucks I'll stick with WRPG's :P

It's excited me for sure. I think there's real potential for greatness there, but I also have a lot of concerns.

Primarily, things like:
    "So is there going to be an airship in the final game?"
    "Well, we're going to continue looking at that and taking feedback from fans"
    "So, is this the final battle system?"
    "There are still some systems that have not been implemented, and we'll be taking a lot of feedback based on the demo"
    "So, fast travel eh?"
    "Yes well, we'll be taking a lot of fee-"

I'm sorry, when is this game actually coming out? Because there seems to be a heck of a lot of very important design decisions still up in the air depending on "feedback from the fans". I remember the E3 2013 trailer, it seemed so interesting, so coherent, such a strong vision. But everything surrounding Episode Duscae has kinda called that into question again. I also don't think it helps that there's been so much discussion about going on a road trip with your buddies I have very little idea what the actual premise of the story is. Remember that old dude from the E3 trailer who wore a cape? Who's he? What kingdom is Noctis prince of again? We're going on this road trip to... where are we going again? That stuff with the city being attacked by Leviathan, Magitek armour, buildings collapsing, the daring escape from a raging tsunami... what's going on with that side of things?

So, I am looking forward to it. But all the focus has been on this big explorable field for too long now, and I've lost all sense of context. I'll hopefully feel much better when I have some of that context back.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    It's excited me for sure. I think there's real potential for greatness there, but I also have a lot of concerns.

Primarily, things like:
    "So is there going to be an airship in the final game?"
    "Well, we're going to continue looking at that and taking feedback from fans"
    "So, is this the final battle system?"
    "There are still some systems that have not been implemented, and we'll be taking a lot of feedback based on the demo"
    "So, fast travel eh?"
    "Yes well, we'll be taking a lot of fee-"

I'm sorry, when is this game actually coming out? Because there seems to be a heck of a lot of very important design decisions still up in the air depending on "feedback from the fans". I remember the E3 2013 trailer, it seemed so interesting, so coherent, such a strong vision. But everything surrounding Episode Duscae has kinda called that into question again. I also don't think it helps that there's been so much discussion about going on a road trip with your buddies I have very little idea what the actual premise of the story is. Remember that old dude from the E3 trailer who wore a cape? Who's he? What kingdom is Noctis prince of again? We're going on this road trip to... where are we going again? That stuff with the city being attacked by Leviathan, Magitek armour, buildings collapsing, the daring escape from a raging tsunami... what's going on with that side of things?

So, I am looking forward to it. But all the focus has been on this big explorable field for too long now, and I've lost all sense of context. I'll hopefully feel much better when I have some of that context back.
    I honestly think they just don't want to disappoint people. I'm guessing Airships were ditched ages ago (there might be a teleport menu like FFX) They just don't want to say it because the fans will be screaming "BUT THEY PROMISED!!!"

Same with the battle system, I'm guessing the one in the demo will basically be the final product (of course without as many weapons etc...) But as long as they say it's in progress no one can write angry articles about how it sucks as soon as the demo hits.

Kind of deceptive on there part, but if the games really gonna come out within a year of the demo (which I believe it will) there is no time to add major functionality like a fully functional airship that can traverse the entire map.

Ugh, I hate to say it, but this the era we live in...

They'll probably release the game without an airship, then build the functionality later and release airship DLC.

As much as I loathe DLC, I'm not even sure that's a bad idea. It gets us the game quicker, lets us enjoy the world for a while, and then adds the thing we all want.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!