Inspired by Fynn's thread, I picked up the Royal Edition of FFXV which was surprisingly cheap. I'm still in the first chapter/area, and I have only a vague idea of what's going on. It's only from reading other things that I have any grasp of the plot at this point. Despite all this, I'm having fun.

Cruising around in the car sounds so cheesy for a FF game but it is actually very satisfying. I love that you can listen to old FF soundtracks as you drive. The area I am in is very barren so I'm glad we have the car and also that you can set a destination pretty much anywhere on the map. Running is boring especially with these open spaces where not a lot is going on.

The game has some interesting depth with the special skill for each character and the magic drawing/crafting system that reminds me of FFVIII. Other than warping around, which is cool, I don't find the combat all that interesting yet. I don't yet understand the purpose behind switching weapons other than for cool visual effects. Maybe it gets better.

I think right now I need to do a quest for a guy so I can catch a boat, but instead I've just been driving around doing random quests or collecting treasures. I will update as I go!