Thread: How to Beat Bahamut

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default How to Beat Bahamut

Man, I'm really struggling on beating Bahamut. I just unlocked him in VR on Hard Mode at the 2nd time your crew goes to Wall Market so my team is Cloud, Barret, Tifa.

I would send screenshots, but I'm on mobile. I tried looking up a couple vids, but I'm still getting my ass kicked. I can get as far as him doing Megaflare and then it's GG after that.

It looks like other players have more HP and MP than me, but I don't want to grind for hours to max out my Purple materia. I want to beat him now so I can use him during my next boss fight.

They're all at level 50 with Cloud at 4820 HP 150 MP

Barret with 8714 HP and only 74 MP.

Tifa with 4888 HP and only 73MP

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

try buying the revival earrings for the entire party, they're fairly cheap and will handle megaflare iirc
    otherwise you'll need manawall + all, which should be useful for you through the entire fight regardless

aerith is actually really good for this fight tho i know you don't have her. her firaga (esp if you x2 it) really makes the gauge go up.

if you want to try this without grinding (it's probably doable? legit don't remember what the consensus at around your stats) you can get a lot of mileage out of cloud's counters and tifa's pressure stuff
    starshower while he's counting down increases the stagger gauge iirc
    constantly switch characters so that the AI is a bit slower
    you should have 2 revival enabled party members for safety reasons as well

there's multiple ways of doing this fight on youtube and i honestly don't remember what i used but i did have to grind... unfortunately megaflare is awful; this battle takes quite a few tries to get through, and a lot of the vr stuff on hard assumes you'll be doing some materia grinding. i got through hard mode story without grinding but had to grind materia for the vr challenges, especially the stuff that comes after bahamut alone...
    grinding is pretty easy once you have chapter 17 unlocked though, at the VR Center there. i think i spent like an hour and maxed most things out. if you're on hard mode, technically you can jump into any chapter at any time and come back, but i get if you don't want to do this.

goodluck!! it's a tough one!

I was personally using Tifa, Cloud and Aerith. I would recommend you to switch character since Bahamut is attacking the one you control. I didn't use revival earrings, but I put all of the three characters on Manawall (protection against physical and magical damages).

Articles
    Blog Entries

i think this is the closest vid i can find to your stat situation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2YV9BPagdI
    counterstance helps imo
    even if your purples aren't maxed, you should use them to get that hp up if i think about it

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Oh, that was the last video I watched. I guess I'll just have to keep going at it. It's been a week now.

I do have HP materia on Barret. I'm not sure on Tifa and Cloud. I definitely have MP materia on them.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I FINALLY BEAT HIM! IT FELT SO GOOOOD!

Articles
    Blog Entries

good job!!

now chill on hard mode until you reach the virtual reality sim in chapter 17 next stage of "ugh"/fun

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Hey, Krissy, do you have any tips for beating Tifa vs 3-C soldiers? I can do it with everyone else but her. Tifa has such low defense that the final enemy just shreds her.

Articles
    Blog Entries

link lightning to elemental on armour and moth unit will start healing you if you have it maxed. if you have two stars I think it nulls lightning attacks at least

and maybe a weapon with high defense bonuses

but it still hits hard I kept running away a lot and unloading lighting spells on it. stay away as much as you can which is hard with tifa. after a few attacks it hides it's razors and you can get in close but it will probably pulse lightning so elemental on armour is a must