3 60.00%

Thread: EoFF RPG 2020 Thunderome Semifinals Match 2

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle EoFF RPG 2020 Thunderome Semifinals Match 2

Match 2 of the Semifinals is here! The categories are both their strengths and their weaknesses so in this case, Replay Value/Side Content, Art Direction, and Villains

Persona 3 FES

vs.

Chrono Trigger

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gah, another super hard one. Even after casting my vote I’m still not sure if I made the right choice

So the biggest reason I voted for P3 is because I think CT's strength of side content is even a slightly bigger strength for Persona 3. Now that might seem crazy,but think about it a bit. Chrono Trigger without side content would still basically be Chrono Trigger, just less of it. Try to imagine what Persona 3 would be like without side content. Wait. You don't have to imagine. Atlus already gave us the answer. Sorry, I mean Atlus already gave us The Answer. The Answer was fine,but I'd never want to play through it again. Everything that makes P3 what it is comes from the balance of side content and main game
    Without side content P3 would just be a dungeon crawler. All the social links and other after school activities.are side content. You don't have to do them, but the game would be a lot poorer for skipping them. CT wins the replay value end of this but it's not enough to take the category or the match.

On top of that P3 handily wins in the art direction category. Plus, P3's weakness is a bit of a mixed bag for CT too. Lavos and Nyx are both meh, but I'd give that one to Nyx. CT also has Magus, Zeal, and comic villains like Dalton and Ozzie though. I think I'd give CT the win on villains, but it's not enough to take the whole thing.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 11-30-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This was not a hard choice. I don't think P3 did any of these better than CT. P3 does have a lot of side content but it isn't as fun.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

You del murdered my hopes of P3 winning. ;(