So my nieces and nephews still get me to make them milkshakes and hot chocolates whenever I am over because apparently, according to their expert opinions no one makes them quite as good as Steve.

Personally, I don't think I do anything that special and certainly 3 of the girls are old enough to have learnt what I do to make a hot chocolate by now.

But I tend to mix the powder with some milk in to a fairly thick paste. I then froth some warm milk and after topping up half the mug with hot water use the frothed milk gently stirred in to the rest of it. Add Marshmallows/Whipped Cream/grated dark chocolate (use the fine side of the grater) or for a christmas theme, go whole hog with whipped cream topped with shaved/grated chocolate and a peppermint candy cane.

I used to do the same with the sachets of cappucino you get but since both my sister and I now have Nespresso machines available to us in our kitchens I don't do these anymore unless I'm working in a place where there is no espresso machine.