Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attack on Titan: The Final Season Has Arrived

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Attack on Titan: The Final Season Has Arrived

Your mileage may vary based on where you live and what services you have, but today, Funimation and Crunchyroll are rolling out the first episode of the final season of Attack on Titan.

In preparation for the release, a few weeks back Funimation released a movie recapping seasons 1 through 3 called Attack on Titan ~chronicle~ for those who would like a refresher before jumping in to the new season.

This thread will be open season for spoiler discussions of all aired episodes. But if you would like to talk about the manga and potential future episode spoilers, please tag them.

Anyway, while we wait, here's something cool. This song is inspired by Attack on Titan musically and lyrically. And I think it's really well done.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ugh we don’t have crunchyroll here. But then even if we did, I’d still probably wait for the season to finish before actually watching it. We tried to watch the episodes as they came out in season three, but didn’t really like that and then the mid-season hiatus happened, so that was lame.

That said I’m really looking forward to finally seeing this! Season three ended on a spectacular and I can’t wait to see the conclusion. I’ve read about some of the manga spoilers and I know it’s gonna be wild.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Ugh we don’t have crunchyroll here. But then even if we did, I’d still probably wait for the season to finish before actually watching it. We tried to watch the episodes as they came out in season three, but didn’t really like that and then the mid-season hiatus happened, so that was lame.
    Yeah, this was my experience too.

I'm very excited. I am a manga reader so I have an idea where it's going, but I don't see how they can fit everything that's happened into one season. But who knows.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't say this often but this show was to depressing to me and I couldn't finish season 1. congrats to all the fans though, crunchy roll and Netflix doing good anime stuff recently

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Psychotic, would you find this series more enjoyable in manga form or anime form? Been considering starting it up at some point, but I can’t decide if I want to watch it or read it.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I hope people enjoy the final season more than I have enjoyed the manga arc it covers, which I feel has just been a mediocre mess that I read for the same reason I bothered still reading final arcs of things like Naruto and Bleach, purely closure.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Real cool design on the new titan, like a skeletal lion. I know there was a studio change between seasons but it's a pretty seamless transition for me.

Interesting choice after such a long break to have the first episode predominantly feature people we've never seen before.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Psychotic, would you find this series more enjoyable in manga form or anime form? Been considering starting it up at some point, but I can’t decide if I want to watch it or read it.
    Depends on your preference. I think it's a lot easier to show action sequences in anime, and sometimes in the manga I don't quite understand and have to re-read (or re-look at, I guess!) some of the action panels to understand what's going on.

But of course, obviously there is more nuance and depth to the manga's story.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I can finally talk about the series without giving away major spoilers.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

We watch the series dubbed (husband likes dubbed cause yeah) so I've got to wait a few weeks before actually reading any of these posts cause I'll be on a delay. It's usually like 2-3 weeks after anymore but I haven't checked directly to see what the English dub schedule is.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Reports on the bluray for the final season show there only being 16 episodes, which has lead a lot of people to believe that either:

1. A loooooooooot of stuff is getting cut
    2. They're going to have a "mid season break", and come back for more

I'm leaning towards 2. I think I recall the show having a long pause in the middle of season 3, and it's not uncommon for anime boxset releases to come out as a part 1 and 2.

Articles

We're on about Chapter 91 of the manga, and it's just hit 135 (and seems to be very much in the endgame). Surely they'll take a midseason break and pump out a second half.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Did they ever figure out how to kill Titans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Yes

Unless they didn't.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    They knew that in episode one