Thread: Fan Fiction in the Making for Final Fantasy VII - Anyone interested?

Default Fan Fiction in the Making for Final Fantasy VII - Anyone interested?

Hi. I'm a huge FFVII fan and the new remake has inspired me to write a book based on the FF7 World. Is anyone interested? I haven't finished yet & it's still only a rudimentary draft. The ideas whirling about in my head have me so excited. It's based 18 years into the future beyond the events in the Advent Children movie.

My brother tells me I'm not allowed to publish "officially" or "for profit" without consent of the original copyright owners of final fantasy VII. He says I can post on a fan site & get some feedback. Besides, I'm writing it purely for the enjoyment of FFVII and for the fans. I think others besides myself should be allowed to have some fun reading something different & exciting.

With the introduction of new characters, the bringing back of some of the old including Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Vincent Valentine & Tifa, Marlene & Denzel, you can expect it to take some surprising & awesome twists. Please bear in mind that the work is just a take & is not official in the multi-universe of FF7. FF7 will go wherever it takes itself .

I'm an aspiring writer & have written a number of other books, though yet unpublished. I love to write Sci-fi/Fantasy for Young Adults.

Do let me know, please, if you'd be interested in having a read. Promise, I won't bore you. I can post on a Blog basis as I complete each chapter. It won't be perfect, of course, but it should be pretty decent. I'm fairly good with spelling & grammar. I excel in character development & dialogue, & every now & then can write great description.

Thanks in advance for the support, guys! Who knows if it might become good enough for some of the big wigs to take notice!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Certainly post your work. You seem very passionate about this and I'm always up for supporting writers when I can.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Definitely, what Wolf Kanno said We’ve got a bunch of writers here so it’d be nice to have some activity in the community once again!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Definitely feel free to share. We have some published writers as members here and several others with a passion for writing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Thanks, guys, for your support. I do have some questions though. I’m not sure how to start a blog on this website. There doesn’t appear to be a Start Blog option. Do I need to start a Blog on a different Blog website & link it onto this website?

Any advice or instruction would be much appreciated. Thanks

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

At the top of the site, below the main banner, you have the main sections - Frontsite, Forum, and then there’s also Blogs

Thanks for your help Fynn. I found that when I wasn't signed in the New Blog option comes up and it asks you to register. However, logging in, the New Blog option disappears and I can't create a blog. It's very strange. I shouldn't have to re-register to start a Blog if I'm already a member. I might have to contact support to have it fixed. So, I went and created my own Blog website at https://aryllia.wixsite.com/ff7fanfictionblog for now if anyone's interested. I haven't yet posted any chapters, but they will be coming forthwith.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's a new user permissions thing. You need to make a certain number of posts before you can post blog entries. This is to prevent the bots from spamming the blogs. I went ahead and enabled it for you. Happy blogging!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Hi guys, I found out how to blog the post. Exciting news! My first 2 chapters have been published. I'm going to send another link to my site. https://aryllia.wixsite.com/ff7fanfictionblog. Happy reading

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The site died.