Thread: Cobra Kai

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Cobra Kai

Who watched season 3? Tag spoilers.

I watched it over a few days. I really enjoy this show and the characters, but I think sometimes the stakes are too over the top for the sake of making cool fight scenes.

You're in competing karate dojos. It's cool if you don't throw someone through a window, try to stab somebody, or break peoples appendages. There are a few instances where kids would have straight up been murdered if they didn't dodge well.

Aside from that, I think it has the perfect blend of everything I would want from a continuation of a classic series. A lot of nostalgia but at the same time enough meat to justify its own existence.

I don't think that (SPOILER)Hawk earned his face turn. They hinted at it off and on, with his former bullies joining Cobra Kai, being outshined by Robbie, etc. It was still a cool payoff, though. But if you break my arm, we're not cool just because you decide to randomly fight someone with me later.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I agree, I think the show is best when it's campy 80s fight movie.

(SPOILER)Like, the Season 2 finale with the stupid big karate school riot was really great until Miguel got his injury. The reveal at the end of Season 3 when Johnny and Danny join forces and that patently 80s drum beat accompanies Johnny is pure fun camp.

When the show tries to raise the drama stakes I am not really enjoying it, I'm just looking at screen whispering "nononono stop no"

dont watch season 3 if you're a physical therapist

miguel.jpg

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm unclear if certain injuries heal super fast or if there's just an undisclosed amount of time that passes between episodes.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

We've got just one episode left! It's a fun show and I love what they've done with the Johnny character.