Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default The Mandalorian

Mandalorian rekindled my love for Star Wars that was brutally crushed by the most recent trilogy (and I even liked the prequels!). It accurately captures that gritty feel and sense of grand adventure the original movies had. There are also several call backs to the first two trilogies and even the book series and animated shows. It is so fun to watch!

Anyone watch season 2? It summoned the fanboy within me with returns of some iconic characters.

And of course baby yoda rocks. I heard they may give him his own movie trilogy. I also heard they are using Mando as a spirngboard to a MCU for Star Wars, with several side stories featuring other main characters in shows and other media culminating in a big battle with (SPOILER)Thrawn in the end. Yay!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

AHH! I love it! It's so good. It's rekindled my husband's love of it too so now he looks up all this Star Wars info and stuff and every day after he gets home from work I hear more Star Wars stuff lol. His ringtone is even the Mando theme now lol.

I actually loved Baby Yoda having an insatiable hunger in season two. It amused me.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

It's quite simply a spaghetti western in space.

I'm saying this with affection since some of the best sci-fi series are based on westerns (Star Trek TOS and DS9 along with Firefly are well known examples). Westerns have a lot of opportunities to tell interesting and dramatic storytelling, where the general lawlessness forces characters to frequently chose between doing the right thing and whatever is most expedient.

This show is great. It understands like the makers of Empire Strikes Back did that the best way to make action work is to make you care about the characters first.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Mandalorian rekindled my love for Star Wars that was brutally crushed by the most recent trilogy (and I even liked the prequels!). It accurately captures that gritty feel and sense of grand adventure the original movies had. There are also several call backs to the first two trilogies and even the book series and animated shows. It is so fun to watch!

Anyone watch season 2? It summoned the fanboy within me with returns of some iconic characters.

And of course baby yoda rocks. I heard they may give him his own movie trilogy. I also heard they are using Mando as a spirngboard to a MCU for Star Wars, with several side stories featuring other main characters in shows and other media culminating in a big battle with (SPOILER)Thrawn in the end. Yay!
    Did you follow up with Book of Boba Fett? It is like Season 2.5.

GROGU IS THE

I LOVEEEEEEEE HIM!!!

MING NA WEN FTW too!!