Thread: Your most valuable or rare pieces of gaming memorabilia

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Your most valuable or rare pieces of gaming memorabilia

Do you have anything rare in your collection? Something that will be worth a lot as time goes on?

In terms of regular open games that sell for a lot on eBay, I've got a really nice copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube. I got it when it was new. I loved playing it but haven't gone back to it that much so I haven't really had a reason to mess with the case or make it look used. Recent completed eBay listings have it going for upwards of 250 dollars.

As far as memorabilia goes, I have a sealed The Legend of Dragoon promotional VHS tape. It still has the shipping information of the previous owner, mailed to them by Game Pro magazine. I've seen it go for about 40 opened, but sealed I have no idea.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A lot of things really. Most of my game collection is in fairly good condition and I tend to buy games with the full packaging when I can help it. What often surprises me the most is how expensive guides are getting as I have the original Chrono Trigger strategy guide and I think it goes for more than the game these days. I also still have my cloth map for FFVIII and the Music Selection OST for Chrono Cross and FFIX. Not sure if some of it would be considered mint condition as I use everything I have, but I keep most of my games in nearly perfect condition. I may not have the true rares of gaming, but I have enough of the popular ones in good enough condition that I could probably get a really good deal for all of it if I had to.

Probably my most amusing rare memorabilia is my VHS copy of Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals including the special phone cards that come with it. I don't think it's worth a whole lot at the moment, but the series never got a re-issue or converted to DVD so it's pretty rare. I may need to take another dive in to see if I have anything really worth anything.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I had tons when I was a kid, I think my brother took it all. He has a whole game shrine in his house. Fine by me, my kids would destroy all that stuff if I put it up.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

ff7 original box lol that's it

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I had tons when I was a kid, I think my brother took it all. He has a whole game shrine in his house. Fine by me, my kids would destroy all that stuff if I put it up.
    lol yeah no place for a game shrine with kids around. Back in my family home I have a Squall figure, and over here I have the little Agnés figure that came with the Bravely Second collector’s edition that my son really likes. Other than that all my games and consoles are in a cupboard behind a safety lock so that my kid can’t reach it and also so no potential guests could even begin to assume I’m a g*mer

A bunch of old NES stuff, mostly games in original packing w/manuals. I have the Japanese Kasumi-chan DOA translucent blue Xbox w/box and goodies (unless my wife through the box out...). Only 5,000 released. I also have the translucent orange memory card given to Xbox live beta testers. 1 controller from the Halo Xbox, one from the “Crystal” (used to have those systems too). Sold the Xbox version of “Marvel vs Capcom 2” for $125 years ago, should have kept it.

Now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure that my wife threw the box away.