Thread: Whats your most priced possesion of Enix, Square, Squaresoft or Square Enix.

FFXIV Character

Lilly Lilith (Odin)

Boco Whats your most priced possesion of Enix, Square, Squaresoft or Square Enix.

Hi, guys I wanted to make a thread for the collectors out there where we can share our passion for collecting. This is a bit wider than Final Fantasy alone and involves all of Enix, Square, Squaresoft, and Square Enix.

What id like to see is a picture of it, where and how did u get it and why is it valuable to u. Mind you it doesn't have to be valuable in price it can also be valuable in the heart. it can be anything ranging from games to merchandise or w/e.

As a massive fan myself I gathered tons of items I will share over the course of this thread. I'll also upload some videos to my channel once I continue with my showroom/museum.

to start this off ill show you an item I got in recently.

This is a complete in-box version of Square's 2nd game ever released. It's called Wil the Death Trap 2. I found this from a buyer I met in Japan.
    These things are rare, what's even more so is the fact the condition of this thing is really clean. I spent 12 years looking for this and I finally found it. When i came across it I had to buy it. no matter the price. and I got it. Super Psyched.

Since this is part 2, u can guess the other one. This one is even rarer. Having sold very limited copies and none of em outside Japan. not a lot of these exist anymore and the ones that are still around are in the hands of collectors. So when I saw this gem, even though it's not complete inbox I had to buy it.

I will continue to search for a complete in the box but I think there are less than 10 of these things ( not Complete in box ) floating around there. so I'm already happy I got this. if I do find it ill probably sell this one off again.

To most, it might seem like trash but look at it like this. without this game, Square wouldn't be in the gaming business. without this item, the world would probably never ever known Final Fantasy. with that thought in mind, this item becomes invaluable.

I might try to find a PC8800 to run it. I'll be honest these games are 40 years old. the data on these floppy discs aren't very sturdy. it could very well be that these are already emptied. so for me, it's more the physical aspect. But I'm curious to see if it's still on there.

here's this Pic!

The photos are from my vid I made because the originals are stored till my showroom is complete. if u wanna see more about it check out the link below.
    a full review still has to be done about it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46y...ature=youtu.be

I'm truly looking forward to the posts.

Best Regards,

Darrell de Jager
    Self Proclaimed NR 1 Final Fantasy Fan of the Netherlands

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Probably the FF 25th Anniversary poster I won from this very site.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm pretty sure I have something rare and autographed by Kitase from one of the FFXIII events we went to, but I have no idea where it is.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Lilly Lilith (Odin)

@ Aulayna. That's a pretty sweet poster u got there. I love the art style of it. whats the size of it?

@ Del murder Blasphemy J/K. I hope u stored it well. not only for any sentimental value it might have but also for real value, I noticed as a massive FF Collector prices of anything
    Square Enix Related is skyrocketing. at least here in the Netherlands, it is. so if u ever wanna sell stuff best keep it in good condition

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My biggest prize is a collection of Japanese story guides for FFIV-VI called the Settei Shiryou Hen, which were a precursor to the Ultimania. Contains some interesting info about the world and setting that never made it into the games, though a good chunk of it is likely no longer canon. I have the 20th anniversary Ultimania's for the FF series. I still have my cloth map of FFVIII from a pre-order and the action figures from back then. Speaking of, I have the Music Selection pre-order for Chrono Cross that had five tracks on it as well as the limited soundtrack for both FFIX and XII released in the States around the game's release in addition to the Japanese OSV of FFVI-IX, Tactics, VI Grande Finale, Songbook, N and S Generation albums, a live orchestra album that predates Distant Worlds, and the Square Vocal album that contains most of the lyrical songs from their PlayStation generation games. I also own the OSTs for Chrono Trigger, Cross, Xenogears, Secret of Mana, and Legend of Mana as well as the Cried and Myth albums for Xenogears. I also have the Spirits Within OST which had an early trailer for FFX on it.

I also have quite a few posters both fan made like a Chrono Trigger and Xenogears Wall scroll, and more official stuff like some Amano drawings for FFII and FFX. I also have the Game Informer poster with the FFVI cast for their anniversary issue where they ranked the best games of all time and released posters of their top ten picks. Several demos as well, including a few of the rare ones released with their games in the PS1 era.

My future investments include the Xenogears model kit collection they teased earlier this year and to collect the final Settei Shiryou Hen books for FFV (this one is actually just a strategy guide) and I hope to one day get a copy of a FFVI OSV exclusive that contains the missing ending theme that features the staff singing. I also hope to get a physical copy of Xenogears Perfect Works (I've acquired a fan scan version, but it's not the same for me) and a few of the SaGa series art books. Maybe the Vagrant Story Ultimania as well.

FFXIV Character

Cheese Cocteautwins (Lamia)

My original first print copies of FF7 and Chrono Cross. I know I have the original first print copies of FF8 and FF9 somewhere...but not seeing them, atm.
    - Dr. Cheesesteak