Thread: About the death of Dream Zanarkand...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default About the death of Dream Zanarkand...

Hello fellow Final Fantasy fans, I was just replaying Final Fantasy X, and I just realize something quite dark, when the party killed Yu Yevon, all the people that lived into the "Dream Zanarkand" were also destroyed, so the heroes indirectly caused a small genocide.

I know these people are not supposed to be "real" as they are only "Dreams of the Fayth" but they are sentient, they live their lives, fall in love, marry each other and have children together, they created genuine bonds of love with their friends and families, so how is it ok to let them all die, just because they are not native from the "real" Spira.

Now, I reckon SIN needed to be deal with, but I find it a little strange that the heroes don't even address the fact, that they are willing to wipe out an entire city full of feeling, thinking beings in order to destroy the monster.

This is especially bad with Tidus, as he has literally lived his whole life in “Dream Zanarkand" jet he does not express a single worry about potentially killing all the people he knew from his home city, I mean, he must had at least some friends in his teammates from the Zanarkand Abes.

Also all these people are innocent, they didn't asked for SIN's "Protection", they don't even know that SIN exist, and they don't know that they are part of a "Dream" so they could not even decide to voluntary accept their incoming demise, the way Tidus did.

I bet there were a few minutes of absolute widespread confusion and terror in the "Dream Zanarkand" when everything and everyone started to disintegrate into pyreflies without anybody understanding how or why.

¿So what are your thought into this matter? Please tell me in the comments, and thank for reading.
    Last edited by -Demos-; 03-20-2021 at 01:55 AM. Reason: formatting