Thread: A "Harvest Moon / Stardew Valley" Final Fantasy Spin Off

Dancing Chocobo A "Harvest Moon / Stardew Valley" Final Fantasy Spin Off

I really enjoy the "Farming Simulator" kind of games like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, I was thinking that with all the charismatic characters that have became part of the Final Fantasy series thought the years, they will make a great fit for a spin of game of that style.

I was thinking a combination of farm simulator & dating sim, where you could grow your farm, prepare food, mine for ores, forge weapons, armors and accessories, and the town is populated by all the important characters from the games.

All the characters have jobs befitting their roles in the original games, for example Aerith works at a flower shop, and also sells you seeds for your crops, Auron is a blacksmith that teaches you how to forge tools and weapons.

You could increase your relationship levels with each character by talking with them and fulfilling small errands for them, once the relationship level is high enough they will join you in small adventures to upgrade their respective jobs / shops, for example, Auron will take you in a trip to the mythril mines to get ore for stronger tools.

You could also romance the girls from the games, once your relationship level with a girl is high enough you could go together in dates to iconic places from the franchise, like the moon flow from FFX, the honey bee nightclub from FF7 or the literal moon from FF4, with the dates you unlock different scenes with each girl at different levels of relationship.

The adventures / dates have some combat with monsters and exploration for treasures but the dungeons are small and the fights are easy, and there is no penalty for losing.

There is not an evil treat trying to conquer or destroy the world, just your favorite characters living peaceful and being friends, heck maybe even some of the "villains" could live in the town as long as they are not too irredeemable, maybe a side quest where Tidus repairs his relationship with Jecht, or Ultimecia finally finding a place were people are no trying to kill her just for being born a sorceress.

¿What do you think? and if you like the idea ¿which characters would you include in the town and what jobs, roles, side quests, histories would you give them?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never gotten into the farm simulator games, though not opposed to them either. Doesn't sound too bad though. Reminds me when SE made a joke about the next Dissidia being a high school dating sim for April Fools and fans actually reacted more positively than they were expecting.

Well the games are full of beautiful girls with charming personalities, and some of the games already have an "affection point system" in place, a dating sim seems like the natural next step to me

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

yeah that could be fun! I like those type of games so i'd play it

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My wife and kids would definitely be interested in that.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum