Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Final Fantasy games have NEVER completed?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As of now...

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Keep losing my interest, then I come back to it and forget what I was doing.
    World of Final Fantasy - Started and just didn't really gel as well as I had hoped.
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Started at a friends, but I've never owned it. May pick up the new version to fix that.
    Final Fantasy XI - Started but just never got hooked enough to dedicate any real time to it. I may attempt to play it again soon.
    Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light - Literally at the last dungeon and got smacked with a big difficulty spike that I don't feel like brute forcing my way through.
    Final Fantasy IV: The After Years - Got to the final dungeon and lost interest. I have been thinking of trying to restart it though.

I stopped playing IX at the penultimate dungeon and haven't gone back since, probably never will. I gave XIII a good 30 hours and just couldn't keep going. I plan on eventually playing the Zodiac Edition of XII but dropped the vanilla PS2 release at around 12-13 hours.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
    Can one ever truly finish XIV?
    Good question. I don't know a lot about it, but I played FFXI enough that I do consider that I 'finished' it. FFXIV must have that point, at least for the core game and each expansion. Some combination of completing the storyline, mastering a class, trying each endgame activity at least once.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFIV is my white (lunar) whale: I've played it so many times, but as soon as I get to the Moon I just... put it down and never get around to finishing it. Eventually I pick it up and start from scratch.

Someone told me FFXIII got better 20 hours in, so that is the amount of time I spent on it. Then I realized that I'll never get those 20 hours back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

9 was the last one I actually finished. I intend to beat 12, so at some point there will be a gap and I can no longer use a blanket statement like that. Absolutely fell in love with 12 last time I played but then life happened and then the PS4 one launched and I figured I'd just go through that one instead and it never happened. Just sitting on my shelf. It's like the Persona 5 and Royal situation. But at least 12 was on different consoles. The fact that Royal released on the same console just a couple years apart is pretty unforgivable

IX and VII Remake. I started them both around a year ago, but then I got hooked on XI and XIV, and that's pretty much stopped me from playing any other Final Fantasy games since . As soon as I finish the MMOs, I'll get back to those two! Hopefully soon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

FFIII (last dungeon, last year or so), FFIV (about half way, long ago) FFXI (roughly L40, before FFXIV).

EDIT: Oh, and all the Tactics games. I love them but more for the gameplay than the story, so...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I was making steady progress on FF15 during the full lockdown but have really lost steam on it. I enjoyed it so much more than I anticipated but moreso the open world and road adventures. As it became more linear, I find myself not looking forward to playing it and feel more like an obligation to finish versus an enjoyment and when that hits, it's hard to get back into it.

Ironically, the only FF games I played straight through without stopping and going back to finish were:

FFVI - Just a wonderful game and could not wait to play and finish it.
    FFVIII - Was playing along with friends so that was probably a huge factor as we kept competing for how far along we got and didn't want to be left behind.
    FFXII The Remake - Such a fun experience with the changes made. I thoroughly loved playing this version of the game.

All the others I have played and finished (IV, V, VII, IX, X, Tactics) I made steady progress then got pulled into something else for a while before eventually finishing.

Take care all.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FF III - I just can't, I dun know.

FF XII - I fell asleep at the beginning. The combat system is like half ATB and half real time? It is like a bastard offspring of Psychotic and MANUS.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I still can't finish FFIII
    Maybe this time with the pixel remaster it'll happen.
    If anything else, grinding is easier now.