Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Final Fantasy games have NEVER completed?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As of now...

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Keep losing my interest, then I come back to it and forget what I was doing.
    World of Final Fantasy - Started and just didn't really gel as well as I had hoped.
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Started at a friends, but I've never owned it. May pick up the new version to fix that.
    Final Fantasy XI - Started but just never got hooked enough to dedicate any real time to it. I may attempt to play it again soon.
    Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light - Literally at the last dungeon and got smacked with a big difficulty spike that I don't feel like brute forcing my way through.
    Final Fantasy IV: The After Years - Got to the final dungeon and lost interest. I have been thinking of trying to restart it though.

I stopped playing IX at the penultimate dungeon and haven't gone back since, probably never will. I gave XIII a good 30 hours and just couldn't keep going. I plan on eventually playing the Zodiac Edition of XII but dropped the vanilla PS2 release at around 12-13 hours.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
    Can one ever truly finish XIV?
    Good question. I don't know a lot about it, but I played FFXI enough that I do consider that I 'finished' it. FFXIV must have that point, at least for the core game and each expansion. Some combination of completing the storyline, mastering a class, trying each endgame activity at least once.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFIV is my white (lunar) whale: I've played it so many times, but as soon as I get to the Moon I just... put it down and never get around to finishing it. Eventually I pick it up and start from scratch.

Someone told me FFXIII got better 20 hours in, so that is the amount of time I spent on it. Then I realized that I'll never get those 20 hours back.

(I need a new sig that doesn't have a watermark.)