Fighting - Smash Bros Ultimate
    MMO - N/A
    FPS - Overwatch
    Rhythm - JSRF (if that counts)
    Adventure - Outer Wilds
    Racing - Mario Kart 8
    Sports - Wii Sports
    Mobile - Candy Crush
    Survival Horror - Left 4 Dead 2 (if that counts)
    4X - N/A
    Tactical/Strategy - Fire Emblem Awakening
    Sandbox - N/A
    Visual Novel - N/A
    Stealth - N/A

This is a perfect thread to test out a new keyboard setup

Platformer - One of my least enjoyed genres, even though it's one of the oldest and most standard. Probably Freedom Planet. It's a Sonic OC fangame that got fleshed out into it's own thing. And they did a surprisingly good job. It took everything I loved about Sonic 2 and 3 and added an amusingly compelling high quality Saturday morning cartoon story with decent voice acting. Very Archie Comics/SatAM type Sonic with the Freedom Fighters and stuff. Love it

Puzzle - Probably Tetris. Though half of my love is just from one of the main theme songs. There's a lot of puzzle games I like, but none are ubiquitous as Tetris. And I can't find a good worthwile version of Sudoku to point and go "Yup, that's the one" otherwise I would because I love me some Sudoku. But it's just a bunch of garbage apps with ads and crap

RPG - Probably Xenogears. There's a lot of contenders, for sure. But I think Xenogears successfully distilled what I want in an RPG into one lovable disasterous mess

Action - Just gonna have to say Aria of Sorrow. Lots of good contenders, but really there aren't many other games I just can't put down once I've started. Especially after multiple playthroughs

Fighting - Soul Calibur 3. Easily. Even with all the jank. The character creation was on a whole other level, and I adore Chronicles of the Sword. And the game itself is just fun with so many secrets and unlockables. I would still pay full price for a modern port

MMO - Uh, I don't play these. I imagine if I did then Star Wars: The Old Republic would probably win. If Conan Exiles counts then I choose that, but I don't even play it on the MMO servers lol Fantastic game for online co-op with friends and loved ones though

FPS - Another genre that I really don't appreciate at its heart, but I can probably say Doom 64, or at least one of the earlier iterations of Doom. But 64 was my favorite of the old-school varieties. Haven't really been able to enjoy the newer iterations, but they look neat

Rhythm - Uh... Rock Band? I have fond memories of late night jam sessions when I actually had a social life. I've heard legend that Sekiro is a Rhythm game, but I've had trouble getting into that game. Possibly for that very reason

Adventure - I don't even know what to say on this one. Gaming publications and platforms use it as just a catch-all genre. But I'm trying to think of actual games that have no enemies, or very limited enemies that could just be adventure. I think I'm going to choose A Plague Tale: Innocence. It does technically have enemies, though you can also stealth through 90% of it. The gameplay loop is very similar to things like Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, etc. Though it's much better written, and vastly superior pacing to most of those games (though I do love Detroit). Watching my girlfriend play it was like watching a Game of Thrones style mini-series. One disaster after another had me on the edge of my seat and itching for more. It's such a good game for a taking a backseat. It could easily be played with a loved one or in a group, and everyone will be enjoying themselves for the adventure even if they don't have the controller in hand. Cannot wait for the sequel

Racing - Either Flatout 2, or a Burnout game, maybe 3 or Revenge. Can't remember which I loved the most. But they have very similar energy, and I enjoy the extra content more than the races. Although the Burnout games are definitely superior in the actual racing department. So I'll just say Burnout 3 because I don't own Revenge. But I'm pretty sure I rented it back in the day and I have a feeling it's superior, but I can't be certain

Sports - I really have no idea how to answer this. I honestly can't remember the last sports, or quasi-sports game I actually played. If I chose anything it would probably be a golf game, and probably a mini-golf game, but I can't think of any. That group feels like something I'd enjoy more than the other options though

Mobile - Really can't answer this one either, unless we're talking portable mobile, but I feel like that's probably cheating, because portable games like Vita, (3)DS, etc. have all the genres fully fleshed out and represented so they could potentially be an answer to any question so far. I feel like I'd probably enjoy Fantasian. But I don't own any apple products to play it on. As far as mobile games I've actually played, I'd probably have to choose Angry Birds, because it is fun and addictive. But I'm not happy about having to use that as an answer. That was like ... 10 years ago?

Survival Horror - Alien Isolation. No question. The only game, or even entertainment experience as a whole, in modern memory to make me feel uncomfortable traversing the house in the dark. As an adult, that is an extremely rare experience, for me especially. It's been a while, but I'm glad to have felt that again a few years ago. Made me feel like a scared child and I loved it

4X - I do not play these games lol I don't see the appeal at all. This and RTS games. I have trouble getting invested if I'm a country or a god. I can't even think of an example of "I might enjoy that game". Nothing about this genre appeals to me

Tactical/Strategy - there's a lot of strategy role playing games I could use as a cheat answer. The line kind of blurs if you split hairs between Wasteland and XCOM. But I think it's generally understood that Wasteland is an RPG and XCOM is a strategy game. XCOM and XCOM 2 were almost too stressful to actually enjoy. But something about having XCOM 2 with all the DLC made it finally click and I was actually able to stem the tide without pulling my hair out. Hard to think of another good strategy game I enjoy that isn't heavily overlapping into RPG territory. Though there are options these days with Project Phoenix and Phantom Doctrine and such, but I haven't taken the dive yet

Sandbox - Uh like GTA sandbox? If so, Saints Row 2 for sure. If it's like Minecraft type sandbox then I dunno. I can't stand aimless games like that, but I'd have to choose maybe Vintage Story or Portal Knights who took the formula and expanded on it

Visual Novel - 999 or Steins;Gate. I have trouble deciding which is my favorite as they are both compelling, but they are also the only visual novels that kept my interest until the end. I feel like Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Delimma kind of went off the rails, so as a series I'm not sure I'd choose that one. But also I've yet to play the Steins;Gate sequel, so it's hard to say. I don't beat a lot of visual novels and need to expand my horizons. Only other one I've played to completion was Ace Attorney and that was a little too quirky for me. So I guess Steins;Gate, since it hasn't been ruined for me yet. But I need to play other series, or complete that one lol

Stealth - I don't play a lot of these games, and I'm frequently disappointed by the ones I do play. Dishonored has a huge overlap into the Immersive Sim area and for some reason those types of games don't jive with me. I'd almost have to default to Metal Gear Solid, but it's been so long I don't even know if I'd enjoy the original anymore. I almost want to say Ghost of Tsushima, but that's an open world action game with an optional stealth playstyle. But it's really well done. I haven't played any Tenchu games, but it seems very Tenchu. And I very frequently stealthed entire encampments just to see if I could and it was super satisfying. And as far as stealth experiences that I can remember and enjoyed, it's definitely that

Old wireless keyboard from the closet feels just fine. Felt good to rant about fond memories. Thank you