Thread: Making money with your ‘Pause Time’ superpower

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Making money with your ‘Pause Time’ superpower

You can now pause time by touching your index fingers together (a la Sabrina the Teenage Witch). You can move freely whilst everyone/thing else is paused in time. How would you use your power to amass wealth?

Conditions:
    - You don’t age during pause time
    - Touching your little fingers together will reset your position and restart time
    - Electricity and WiFi still function (I want to play video games and watch YouTube, no use of logic, please)
    - If you die during pause time then time automatically restarts
    - You can have people join you in pause time by touching their skin but they would age normally

Further conditions to be added dependant on discussion.

How do you make money? What do you do? Could you use it without committing a crime?

Discuss.
    Last edited by Bubba; 04-09-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. Connect index fingers.
    2. Launch a dozen high quality niche ad and affiliate marketing blogs with ~100 posts per site.
    3. Disconnect fingers.
    4. Continue life as usual for 12 months.
    5. Profit.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would do all my sleeping during pause time. I would exercise more, read more, game more. Get all my work done when I felt like it. All the chores too. You wouldn't even need to have the internet work during your pause time. You could easily have enough time for that during real time if you do all other independent activities during pause time. I don't think I would use it for money making activities, at least not legal ones.

The new real free time I would have I'd use spending with my family. If I ever got sick of that, I'd pause for a break and then go right back to it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Important question: Can I pause time for only myself or invite others to join in?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Important question: Can I pause time for only myself or invite others to join in?
    You can wake other people up to join you in pause time (just touch their skin) but they would age normally.

It's against your rules, but I would immediately resort to crime. Bernard wasted his watch imo by being such a goodie-two-shoes. I would steal trout, take up-skirt shots, sell corporate espionage services, become a hitman, and steal more trout.

Otherwise, Del has the a good approach. I know you've talked about index fingers to limit our activities a bit, so I would probably spend the PAUSE time to watch educational stuff, read ebooks etc. Just personal growth stuff.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    - You can have people join you in pause time by touching their skin but they would age normally
    lock bubba in a cage touch his skin and then helicopter dick at him for 60 years until he dies of old age

the money I'd make would be the wealth of the soul

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gashtacular View Post
    It's against your rules, but I would immediately resort to crime.
    Not against the rules! Crime to your hearts content, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    lock bubba in a cage touch his skin and then helicopter dick at him for 60 years until he dies of old age.
    Jokes on you, pal. I’m a nudist now so you wouldn’t be able to get me in the cage in the first place.

EDIT: I suppose you could just wear gloves... well luckily I’ve been working from home in a tiny back bedroom for over a year. Being in a cage would make no difference to me whatsoever. Plus, I get free windmilling penis entertainment.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

cheat at board games for money

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Initially I would probably spend paused time doing things that entertain me. If single player games are all that work in the time being frozen (my guess is multiplayer games don't work outside of PvE grinding and functions because of the need of other players) I would play my collection of games until I got bored, watch everything I needed to catch up on and feel good about. I would grind out my PvE requirements on my multiplayer games if they work so that I have it easy in real time and an actual positive advantage over players limited in time they can commit to the game.

Then I would once satisfied begin looking at options for improving myself - gym, learning, I would become versed in things that I could use to my advantage in real time.

As for crime, we would have to establish the rules. If electricity and the Internet work then I presume security systems work. See as much as a robbery or similar would be great for earning money. If I have to learn how the internet/electrical security systems work and where they store their data and then learn how to scrub said systems flawlessly to avoid being caught then that's too much effort. Better to simply go and learn how to do a few fairly easy but very well paid tasks, then obtain gig/freelance work doing said tasks and completing them in frozen time to earn instantly huge amounts of money. Or by taking on street hustlers then freezing time, figuring out the game and the cheat/undoing the cheat so that you can win large amounts of cash in hand.

If however, the systems only work when you're interacting with them then smurf it, let's go rob local businesses and banks etc just make sure you're in a public place where you're with witnesses and friends when you do so. This way when time restarts if suspicion is ever roused in your direction you have strong alibis.

As for people, waking them up and they age normally. Let's say I woke my girlfriend up, we spend years travelling the world. Then I reset time. Will she have still aged I.E: If I froze time and woke her, we spend a decade living our best lives making money, love and not having to worry. She will be 38, if I unfreeze time is she now inexplicably 38 years old, or is she reverted back to 28. Will she remember the events or not? If the answer is she would still be 38 whether she would remember it all or not, I wouldn't wake anyone up whom I couldn't justify that cost to. If the person is reverted back to 28 and they remember it then I would wake the people I care about to have fun with. If however, they revert and don't remember the time? Well then that presents a whole host of other issues but could make certain ideas/fantasies/exploration of emotions/feelings interesting.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'd freeze time, then wake everyone in the world up. They all age, but I am immortal.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Honestly, I'd research a whole bunch of stuff. I'd probably crack and go have sex with a celebrity as well.

EDIT: I didn't realize I could touch people and wake them up, in that case I would definitely wake up Whitney Cummings, we'd get married and live our life together.

I'd do all the things I am too afraid to do, like sky dive with Kris Gage.

Wait, I have questions: are all the animals frozen too? Because then I would venture into the rain forests, scale mountains, and perhaps go to the bottom of the sea. OOOO and I would get a bunch of sex robots and go to space, travel to the nearest blackhole and jump in.
    Last edited by jenovajunkie; 04-21-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Time is money. If I pause time, i pause money.