Thread: Disney+ Marvel shows

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Disney+ Marvel shows

Wanda vision was great. Falcon and Winter Solider was a little slow at first but wowy that last episode. Loki looks AMAZING.

Thoughts on the MCU shows?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

WandaVision was a bit odd at first but really picked up and turned into a fantastic show, even if it spun into the standard Marvel movie battle at the end. Really great character spotlight for each of the named characters.

Sam & Bucky is OK so far. It reminds me of Agents of SHIELD except with a bigger budget and less interesting cast. I do like that they have a pretty sympathetic villain but otherwise the show is fairly formulaic and predictable. I still enjoy watching it (since I loved SHIELD, after all).

I agree the Loki show looks pretty interesting. It also helps that of all the three shows, that one stars the best character.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I LOVED WandaVision until the last episode. It felt so rushed. There were still enjoyable moments though.
    I love Falcon and The Winter Soldier though. I didn't expect it to be that black. I really didn't think they would touch on Falcon's blackness at all.

The smurfing Dora Milaje are a blessing.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I've seen bits of WandaVision as others around me were watching it, but i've been putting off doing a full watch of these shows until I see all the MCU movies first.

I haven't set aside the time to watch the ones I've missed, but I kind of like the idea of building up a backlog of Disney + shows anyway, since they slowly came out of the gate one weekly show at a time.

I use my subscription mostly for Star Wars content at this point.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I LOVED WandaVision until the last episode. It felt so rushed. There were still enjoyable moments though.
    I love Falcon and The Winter Soldier though. I didn't expect it to be that black. I really didn't think they would touch on Falcon's blackness at all.

The smurfing Dora Milaje are a blessing.
    and this week it hit even more notes! aaaaahhhhhhh

(SPOILER) the whole Isiah thing where when Steve goes and saves a bunch of soldiers he's celebrated, but when Isiah did it, he was imprisoned and experimented on. Big oof.

Also the whole Walker thing of him telling congress they built him that way. Like yeah hitting the nose on how we make these men instruments of war. Steve was an outlier for America, he was not the regular. Deep things to hit upon

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wanda vision was great. Falcon and Winter Solider was a little slow at first but wowy that last episode. Loki looks AMAZING.

Thoughts on the MCU shows?
    Loving it so far.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Same! I really loved it until the last episode. And let me tell ya, I cried BUCKETS at what happened with Wanda/Vision. The show def sold me on their love story, which I did not really buy in the movies.

But as much as I sympathized with Wanda and understood why everything happened, what she did was still truly horrific, even if unintentional. Literally cruel and inhumane. And I thought it was pretty gross how they glossed over that, and even tried to absolve her of it at the end there? Ew, no.

Falcon and the Winter soldier just didn’t grab my attention.

Default Marvel

I have no idea how can people really watch Marvel movies... they are all the same!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Loki has been pretty fun but that is mostly because it has the most charasmatic leads of any of the Marvel shows so far.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They just do nothing for me anymore. The writing, which was always pretty okay at best, has just gone right down the pan.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hawkeye anyone?

My personally take is WandaVision > Loki > Hawkeye > Falcon and Winter Soldier.

IT WAS AGATHA ALL ALONG!!!