Hello everyone!

I go by the handle ham and I've been on this quest to play through all the Final Fantasy main titles. I define main titles as the ones that are numbered (i.e. Final Fantasy I - XV) and have added spin-offs and other titles that contain the Final Fantasy name. The idea started when I saw a bunch of Final Fantasy titles on sale.

According to my records, my first Final Fantasy game I streamed was Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. I beat the game in June 29th, 2019 and logged in about 40 hours. My last game that I played and beat was Final Fantasy X-2 and I beat that game on December 18th, 2020, I logged 34 hours into that game.

My journey started in the Summer of 2019 and it has been a very rewarding experience in terms of seeing the themes and the thought that went into these games as a player. I've made some comments and quasi-reviews in the EOFF Blog section but I feel like it'd better to post here.

In the beginning, I had no idea what I was doing, all I knew was I wanted to play through all these titles. Now as I'm entering the double digits of the titles, I want to do some type of documentation to record my progress. If I'm frank, I'm still unsure of what I want to get out of this experience besides playing through all the titles.

I think one of the benefits of doing something like this is that I got to meet different people on a similar journey of playing through each title. We have shared our strategy in reducing burning out on all the RPGs and talked about our favorite parts from each of the titles.

Somewhere down the line I would like to create some type of community recognized title or achievement for people who reach the completion of the titled Final Fantasy playthrough. I don't know what exactly those requirements are but once defined, I feel like I would have to play through all the titles again to earn that title.

Until then, I'll continue just to play through each title and write some commentary about them. I usually stream all my playthroughs with Twitch, feel free to join me in a playthrough on twitch @ hamx3. Right now I do not have a set schedule but once I finish school, I am hoping to get back on grinding my way through Final Fantasy.

As I continue with my journey, I hope to develop a more coherent idea of my playthrough, make some friends, and become a better participant within this community.

Thanks for reading!

List of FF titles I have played so far:

• Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

• Final Fantasy VII

• Final Fantasy I

• Final Fantasy II

• Final Fantasy III

• Final Fantasy IV Steam Edition

• Final Fantasy V

• Final Fantasy VI Steam Edition

• Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Final Fantasy VIII Remaster