Thread: Fine-tuning gambits for grinding

Default Fine-tuning gambits for grinding

I知 still in the beginning of the game- effectively just escaped prison and recovered four of the six party members. I知 a thorough grinder, and have been levelling exclusively in the three zones bordering Rabanastre, so while I知 only 15, 13, 11 and 11, I知 about halfway done their first license boards. I bought all the gambits.

So, I have a handful of gambits based around an ally being targeted that allow me to mindlessly auto attack any enemy that can aggro, such as hyenas, but gambits like foe hp < 500 don稚 seem to recognise passive foes like bunnies and cacti. Is this something that can be rectified? I thought 500 was a good number because I need to stay smart around the T. rex, for example.
    Knock yourselves down.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You get a lot more gambits as the game progresses. It's been a while since I played XII but I think passive foes must be manually targeted for gambits to trigger, which is nice because you do not want your party to aggravate an elemental or entitie because they will murder an unprepared party.

Not attacking docile enemies is also helpful for chaining which makes the loot better. Remember loot is your main source of income, because why would a cactus be carrying gil?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The best gambits for grinding are the enemy weak to __ and enemy vulnerable __ gambits as these will allow any mage characters to just destroy everything before you can even react. It will especially be great in the Yansea area as that place is crawling with mob battles and is a fairly great place to level as long as you stay aware of the Entite wandering the metal tower section.

Personally, I don't see a reason to grind in TZA since the game is fairly easier than the original. A better way to grind while also powering up would be to hunt the various rare game in the area. Especially since you can usually steal some awesome things from them. There should be a wolf in one of the sand areas for instance you can steal a Gladius from which is a wicked cool dagger to give to whoever you made the Shikiri. I usually wound up over leveled while trying to farm these fights.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you playing TZA? Because if so, yeah, I知 with Wolf on this one - don稚 grind. At least until you get to super post-game stuff, then just do the Henne Mines thing.