Thread: Squall's Gunblade Case

Default Squall's Gunblade Case

I've been replaying this game at least once every year or two since i was 11 and everytime i always thought i can open Squall's Gunblade case in his dorm room, cause for the love of god i think i've saw it open at one point way back when i played it for the 2nd or 3rd time. But so far in my 13th playthrough i still can't find the exact moment where we can open it. I've kept forgetting to at least do a little research about this on the internet everytime too.
    I'm currently replaying the game, the remastered version, just finished the dance scene, am going back to the dorm to change clothes and go to the "date" with Quistis and the curiosity hit me again! So this time after an hour searching on the net i still can't find anything about this, the only threat i read have no reply and it was dated 3 years ago.

So please, can anyone confirm this? Or am i mistaken it this whole time.

Tyvm.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think you're mistaken. The only time you see the inside of Squall's gunblade case is in video that plays at the title screen if you don't press start. Other than that, I don't remember him ever being able to open the case in-game.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I heard if you open the case when Zell and Rinoa are in your party and exactly 8 hours and 88 minutes on your game clock, you travel back in time to the very beginning of the Sorceress era. Zell then expresses his hunger for a certain processed meat in a bun, which confuses Rinoa and she uses her powers to turn the entire party into hotdogs. At which point the first sorceresses eat the hotdogs and that is how they absorb Rinoa's powers to create the sorceress line. Of course, it's game over at that point so you'll need to reload a previous save to continue.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Be careful not to softlock your game if you try that method above

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

You're not able to open the case, but while you're back snooping around the dorms, there's probably a room you haven't visited before.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

WHAAAATTTT

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    You're not able to open the case, but while you're back snooping around the dorms, there's probably a room you haven't visited before.

I did not really catch this.