Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anime Recommendations

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Probably a lot of suggestions already mentioned, but...

FMA: Brotherhood - Amazing all around anime. Great world-building, production value, excellent cast of characters, solid ending.

Steins;Gate - Probably my favorite time travel story I've ever seen in fiction. Does some INCREDIBLE things with its set up. Takes a bit to get going, but very much worth it.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Basically an antidepressant in anime form

Mob Psycho 100 - Great action, probably the funniest anime I've ever seen, never takes itself too seriously, incredible set-pieces peppered through the whole show.

If you somehow missed either Death Note or Code Geass, I'd also give those a solid recommend. Entertainment value for both is through the roof. Code Geass somehow introduces a series breaking reveal or event every 7 or so episodes and then continues to outdo itself. Can't image the process the creators of the show went through to put it together.

Great Pretender - I won't put it in the same tier as the shows I listed above, but I watched it recently and had a pretty solid time with it.

And if you have time...

Monster - Naoki Urasawa is a genius. Fantastic thriller with one of anime's most iconic villains.

The FATE series is pretty good but you might need a guide to watch them in the right order. I watched them all out of order and I was alright with it.

Kenshin OVA's, I think it's called Samurai X, it shows Keshin's origins. It's more serious than the anime series. There's 3 OVAs, the last one set after the anime series.

If you liked Cowboy Bebop then Outlaw Star is definitely a good one to watch as well. Those two are my favorites.

And if you want some goofy slice of life ones I recommend High School Boys or Asobi Asobase.

Tried to give you some more variety and confirm some of the ones that other people have listed.
    "The Real Folk Blues" by Seatbelts ft. Mai Yamane

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

we've had multiple warned post reports about the above post simply because of baruto

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

poor boruto what did he do, other than have a famous dad

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Literally the existence of Boruto is worse than any atrocity humankind has committed.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I've never read beyond the epilogue of Naruto, but in that Sasuke abandoned his family to wander the world or whatever.

It tracks that he'd call his child Salad.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

So if you liked Cowboy Bebop, the creator also did Space Dandy and Samurai Champloo and they are both excellent. Samurai Champloo is what if Cowboy Bebop but they're samurai. Space Dandy is just better without explanation.
    He also did Kids on the Slope, a very sweet and nostalgic sort of series about a couple of high school kids in the 60s forming a jazz band and being teens.

I'm quite a big fan of the highly sexual and full of nudity hentai known as Bible Black, although it has Aerith Dies/Sixth Sense levels of spoiler saturation that many people who haven't seen it already know about the (genuinely ingenious) plot twists. Having said that, if you've not seen/heard it before its definitely worth a watch provided you avoid even the most minimal of google searches before hand.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Gintama? Never gets old.
    Heard Spy X Family is good too.