Thread: Is there anyway to access EOFF discussions of this game from the first four years

Default Is there anyway to access EOFF discussions of this game from the first four years

Is there anyway to access EOFF discussions of this game from the first four years or so of its existence? I thought it would be interesting to go back and look at some of threads from '99-'00 (prior to IX coming out) when this was still the latest entry in the series and was a really hot topic to talk about as it ran the spectrum of opinions with some really liking it and others really disliking it. Unfortunately though the threads here only go back to '03 after things had largely cooled down and people were busy talking about the X universe (as I think even X-2 had either been released or was about to be released by that point).

Is there anyway to access those discussions from back then or have threads prior to '03 pretty much been deleted from the internet (as this board has obviously been completely redone since that point).

It might be fun to go back and revisit 100 page long threads about how good/awful the characters were or multi hundred long page threads about how much you support/disapprove of R=U. But alas, that simply might not be in the cards.

Interestingly based on looking at a few of the threads from '03 it looks like R=U discussions were even banned for a period of time.
    Last edited by tony123; 05-23-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Due to a few software upgrades and purges from a period where disk space came at a premium, we unfortunately don’t have any of those old threads. Too bad too because I think my first post was in a FFVIII thread along the lines you are talking about.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Look for threads by this guy called "Future Esthar". He really rox!