Thread: System Completion

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: System Completion

I know a few of us have multiple consoles, so what system do you have the best completion rate for? Which is your worst?

My best completion % is like the SNES and PS1 since I have completed about 80% of all the games I own for it. My worst is technically my Switch since I only have two games for it and haven't finished either, but ignoring how long I've had it, my Steam account will likely be my worst since I've beaten maybe two games I own for it, and I have a larger library than I remember for it.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

My best completion rate is probably on the PS3. Of my physical games I've finished about 80%, and digital I'd say is around the same (not counting random PS+ stuff that i simply got for free and would never have gotten otherwise)

As for worst, barring PC, which would definitely be worst but that's just because it's 30 years worth of games, including a bunch of random CD-ROMs (and even floppy disks) picked up for pennies and bundles also picked up for pennies..

Wii U, for which I have 7 games but have only finished 2. Nintendo does pretty poorly for me in general; 3DS is at 4 out of 13, Wii and Switch are both at 3 out of 9 as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Either DS or PC, since those are the systems I’ve probably put in the most gaming. Though generally I complete the games I have so it’s not by a large margin

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Best is probably PS3 and worst is probably Dreamcast since I've played 0 games on it

I feel like it's probably PSX or PS2, though I don't know the exact percent. Here's why. For Atari, most of the games don't even have a real "completion," so the percent can't be very high. For NES, they call it "Nintendo hard" for a reason. I did not complete most games on the NES. For SNES were getting higher. The games were generally less hard and I started leaning more into RPGs here, which pretty much could always be beaten easily with some grinding. There are still a number of games I didn't beat, but at least we're definitely well above the 50% mark here, which is not true of the previous two consoles. PSX is where I started almost exclusively playing RPGs. There are some games my siblings had that I didn't beat, but I may actually have 100% for games that were mine. If not, I'm sure it was over 90%. However, this number would be brought down significantly if you count PSX games I bought digitally on PS3. PS2 I was pretty much whole hog RPG and again I think I finished nearly every game I bought. I think there were a couple near the end of the console life I didn't finish because I packed up my PS2 to move and now it's in my parents garage. I had to travel a little too light when I first moved and never got that stuff back. I'd say PS2 is around 90% though for sure, but again it's lower if you count digital games on PS3. PS3 - this is very low, at least if you count digital PSX and PS2 games, and probably kind of low even if you don't. PS4 - Also pretty bad. The PS3 and PS4 periods were ones in which I bought games without having finished previous ones and developed quite a backlog. They might even be worse than NES for that reason, even though the games are not NES hard. Switch is pretty bad too.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Best is probably PS3 and worst is probably Dreamcast since I've played 0 games on it

You have 0 games on it, fool. It's my console. Therefore you don't have a completion rate at all.

I'M the one that buys all the games for it and never plays them. Don't steal MY 0%.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The last system I had where I didn't complete virtually every game I bought was probably SNES. Back in those days, the idea of 'completing' a game was somewhat vague. There were no trophies or percentages. Many games had an ending but if you took every warp in SMB, did it count as completing it? Several others, like Tetris, don't ever end. I also just bought what ever cheap stuff I could find, used at a game store or garage sale or something.

As my free time dwindled as I got older and had a full time job and kids, I consciously only got a few games at a time and finished those before I moved on. There are rare exceptions where I just couldn't get into a massive game, like Ni No Kuni or Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I cultivated my games strictly enough that I enjoyed most of what I got.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum