Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Games that are Good but you just do not like.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFVII Remake is another one from recent memory. Ignoring the controversial story elements, most people I've talked to love the gameplay side of things, but I just wasn't a fan. They work, but I just don't like those types of battle mechanics or quest systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    FFVII Remake is another one from recent memory. Ignoring the controversial story elements, most people I've talked to love the gameplay side of things, but I just wasn't a fan. They work, but I just don't like those types of battle mechanics or quest systems.
    Yeah, I'm in two minds about this one too. There were times when I enjoyed it and times when I really didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Another one: Red Dead Redemption 2. Eugh. smurfing Rockstar need a desperate intervention in their game design.

FFXIV Character

Cheese Cocteautwins (Lamia)

Quote Originally Posted by You've got to be in it to Quin it View Post
    Another one: Red Dead Redemption 2. Eugh. smurfing Rockstar need a desperate intervention in their game design.
    Being just 2 hours into the game, this is what I'm afraid of. The ppl I know who played (and finished) it definitely had mixed feelings. But the conclusion is that it's still worth the experience.
    - Dr. Cheesesteak

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

NakeyJakey has a video up that basically sums up my feelings perfectly. You just constantly have a choke chain around your neck that daddy R* pulls on any time you try to do smurfing anything.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i dont think you personally found that

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Wow I didn't post in this thread.

Mario Odyssey, pretty much every R* game since San Andreas, pretty much every game from Valve (except the first Portal).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

BotW gets a bit samey for me after a while, so I can appreciate where you're coming from, Quin.

I'm generally fairly easily entertained, which I consider a lucky trait to have, but there are some games that I just couldn't get into. I'm not sure if they were considered Good Games in some objective fashion, though.

Walking sims are hard to call objectively good games by their very nature, but recently I played Sunlight after hearing glowing reviews of it and I thought it was one of the least interesting Walking Sims ever. I also was not impressed with Dear Esther at all.

If it wasn't for the multiplayer aspects of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, I'd call it a trash version of Stardew Valley, all graphics no gameplay. I still enjoyed the game but looking back I was just interested in collecting things and the gameplay was dull.

Newer Pokémon games get very tiring after a while for me. They never capture the amazing "collect them all" nature of the original because the idea of catching them all requires so much trading/transferring between games that it's absurd.

I'm generally not into PVP-only games, so that stuff tires for me very quickly.

Borderlands 3, any skater game, most rhythm/dance games, Monopoly, Baldur's Gate. What little I played of Fallout 3 didn't hold my interest either, I don't find post-apocalyptic games to be very visually pleasing and this often impacts my ability to enjoy a game.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I played the original witcher. I can't really stand that guy screwing anything he sees on his adventures

I played the original witcher. I can't really stand that guy screwing anything he sees on his adventures
    And that first game is has super weird controls, too.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Controversial opinion, maybe, but CDPR gameplay is frequently not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by A Pint of Quinness (pissboy) View Post
    Controversial opinion, maybe, but CDPR gameplay is frequently not that great.
    How dare

(agreed)

Quote Originally Posted by justis View Post
    All Zelda games, I never managed to have fun in this game. I have always loved WoW. That is another pair of shoes!
    Oh c'mon ) Zelda series is gorgeous!

At the moment I am into Eden Ring. Since I can't beat the final boss in Elden Ring, I'm going around exploring the lands trying discover something I've missed on my journey so far. Upgrading weapons, gear and character. Since I respecced to a dex-arc I've been having lots of fun. I love Regen builds, so I'm power stancing super fast daggers (Reduvia and Misericord) and together they have around 180 blood build up, just annihilating everything. Coupled with talismans for regaining health and Rykards rune I barely have to use my flasks other than boss fights. I also have Morgotts Cursed Sword which do tons of stagger poise for great knockdown effect. Total bad ass right now.
    Last edited by Badr Boodai; 04-25-2022 at 09:40 PM.

Blog Entries

I played Zelda Botw ten hours and then dropped

I still prefer classics like Ocarina and Majora's Mask

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

After replaying it on the Legendary Edition, have to say I'm not a big fan of Mass Effect 1. When I was a youngling i enjoyed it, it has the same issue FF 7 has i think which is that it's great the first time but repeat playthroughs are bogged down with a lot of world building/story stuff. Also I really hate the copy pasted dungeons. The other 2 games are great though.

Debatebly FFXV, although I'd argue it's not that good a game which is why i never finished it, still people like it and maybe it's gotten better with DLC. (games should be good and complete enough outside the box sorry)

Tentatively the Dragon Quest games, I've played the first couple a bit but i couldn't get into them. Actually let me just broaden that to any turn based RPG that is in the first person, ironically it actually takes me out of the game rather than get me immersed, that's because I like to immerse myself with the characters in the game rather than ME being the character in the game. Which includes the big one, Earthbound.

Dunno how good these are considered but since I don't really like playing 8 bit games too much: Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Metroid, Metroid 2 and Super Mario Bros. I've completed both Zeldas, think zelda 2 was better than 1 but i'd sooner replay 1 than 2. Metroid is one of my all time fav game series but the first 2 are too archaic for me, both games remakes are pretty great though!. Super mario bros, not too big on platformers and i couldnt get into ANY mario game, I plan on giving it a solid try one day though!.

Finally since this is getting too long: Sonic 1, Sonic is the only platformer I like, but the first one is too slow and lacks a lot of staples and refinement the later games brung still I acknowledge it must be good.