Thread: How do you kill X-ATM092?

Default How do you kill X-ATM092?

Has anyone ever fully killed X-ATM092 the first time you encounter it to get a score of 100 for the Spirit part of the SeeD test?

If so, what tips would you recommend?
    Last edited by LeClefLame; 08-31-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You'll want Thundara attached to Zell and Squall's element junctions to maximize damage. Also draw as many Doubles from Elvoret as possible so you can have Selphie Dual cast Thunder/Thundara. Limit abuse is a must.

You get Thundara by learning Mid-Magic refine and converting Thunder spells into their tier two variants which should also be used to maximize Str. and Mag. stats. I would not recommend using Quezocaotl as the Boost option drags the fight out and the timer is your enemy for this challenge.

Getting Elem-Atk-J and Mid Mag-RF for a total of about 300 AP is a lot of level grinding...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just fight the fish monsters at the beach by Balamb to get the AP. If you get card mod, you can use that to keep your XP down as well as using the summons to kill them.

It is a grind, but beating the spider bot is an extra challenge anyway.

Btw, make sure you attempt killing it when you reach the end of the town sequence. Beating it has random encounters start up again and those will affect your score as well. You'll also want to be there to maximize your timer. Likewise, ''beating'' the spider bot and running away still gives you 50 AP so you can technically farm AP with it as long as you're powerful enough to shave off 25% of it's health quickly so you don't run out of time.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I finally did this on my last playthrough a few years back, although I don't remember much about the process.

The one thing I'll say is that the outcome isn't as cool. You miss out on the epic cutscene of Quistis turning it into a cheese grater. I don't remember if destroying it effects later visits to Dollet, such as that one guy's car not getting crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    You'll want Thundara attached to Zell and Squall's element junctions to maximize damage. Also draw as many Doubles from Elvoret as possible so you can have Selphie Dual cast Thunder/Thundara. Limit abuse is a must.

You get Thundara by learning Mid-Magic refine and converting Thunder spells into their tier two variants which should also be used to maximize Str. and Mag. stats. I would not recommend using Quezocaotl as the Boost option drags the fight out and the timer is your enemy for this challenge.
    At level 20-29 you can draw Thundara from Caterchipillar.

Also, what about stocking up on Blitz cards then refining them into Dynamo Stones so they can be used to make Thundaga?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You cheat, like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

I've mainly been using Squall's limit break to beat X-ATM092. Through various level grinding, I was able to get him to lvl 100 and by junctioning Flare to Strength (I got this by refining 50 Ruby Dragon cards into 5 Inferno Fangs which I then refined into 100 Flare's) and with Ifrit's Str Bonus ability, I was able to get it to 255.

But when I fight X-ATM092, it takes having to do Renzokuken 5 times in order to beat it which takes a major toll on the 30 minute countdown.

Is there a quicker way to beat it without having to defeat it 5 times in order to make it back to the beach within 30-25 minutes?
    Last edited by LeClefLame; 08-19-2022 at 02:24 AM.