Thread: Hi!

Pink Grin Hi!

Hey there!

After dipping my toe back into the Final Fantasy series with FFVI, I stumbled upon this message board looking for resources and guides. Huge congrats on a community that's lasted as long as it has!

Anyways, my history with the series isn't exactly a long one. The only other game besides VI I've played is the PS3 rerelease of FFVII. Though, with the Pixel Remasters on their way out and VI drawing me in enough for me to commit to finishing it, I feel like I'll be playing a lot more FF in the near future. And getting involved with a community focused around the series is bound to make the adventure that much more fun!

That's about it as far as a FF-relevant introduction goes, so here's a few miscellaneous "fun" facts about myself.

If you didn't guess already, I play video games quite a bit. I play pretty much every genre from every era after the mid-80s. (I'm the kind of guy that was in line for Animal Crossing: New Horizons and DOOM Eternal last March!) Some of my all time favorites are Super Mario Bros. 3, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Xenoblade Chronicles, Cave Story, Fallout: New Vegas, Super Mario Odyssey, Bloodborne, Digital Devil Saga, and Persona 3 FES. I also play a few multiplayer games like Smash Ultimate (though not to any super serious degree) and Destiny 2, so if you play any of those I'm always looking for new folks to play with!

I'm really into movies these days, and have been catching up on some classics lately like the Terminator, Alien, and Predator franchises. Edgar Wright is my favorite director, with his work on Hot Fuzz and The World's End being some of my favorite movie experiences out there. Big Studio Ghibli fan, too! My favorite from their lineup of work is easily Castle in the Sky.

I feel like if I go on much longer, it'd beat the purpose of any further conversation, so I'll cut this initial post off here. Looking forward to interacting with the community!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

hello! do you also like shaun of the dead!

Absolutely! I'm a fan of pretty much anything Edgar Wright has worked on. Scott Pilgrim and Baby Driver were really good, too.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hello! What's the best quest in New Vegas?

I've only been through once so far and it was around the beginning of the year, so the individual quests are a bit hard to recall right now. I will say, though, that all of the DLCs left the biggest narrative impact on me. Dead Money was a bit obnoxious from a gameplay standpoint, but probably had some of the best stories in the whole game IMO.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Have a cookie!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Drewman View Post
    I've only been through once so far and it was around the beginning of the year, so the individual quests are a bit hard to recall right now. I will say, though, that all of the DLCs left the biggest narrative impact on me. Dead Money was a bit obnoxious from a gameplay standpoint, but probably had some of the best stories in the whole game IMO.
    Agreed on DM. "Let go, begin again" was such a great theme that matched gameplay to story. Not that it matters, I spent hours getting the timing right to get the damn gold from the vault.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Welcome to EoFF. *enforces*

That is some nice range in your gaming tastes!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah we're still kicking, definitely much more active on Discord, as you have probably already noticed. Welcome

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Welcome! Hope you enjoy our little internet corner