Thread: The award for most improved goes to...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pink Grin The award for most improved goes to...

What's a game company you felt had faltered a while back that now seems to be on a roll for you?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I do feel like Square Enix is in a much better place compared to before, though it doesn't look like their schedules have gotten much better.

FFXIV Character

Cheese Cocteautwins (Lamia)

In recent years, Capcom got a rep for turning things around big time, and I'd have to agree. They were getting a bad rep, like what, during the early-mid 2010s for on-disc DLC and some other things I can't remember (tho I remember myself blacklisting them before it became a thing), and just the past few years have climbed their way back up to reverence.

Also, they may be buying their way to the top of the "best bullpen of studios" chain, but I will say Microsoft. But they were basically the overlooked wannabe the earlier part of this decade as a first-party publisher, but now have a ton of great first-party games on the horizon, as well as the best deal in gaming (Game Pass). And, not only are they bringing back or reinventing some great IP's (Perfect Dark, Avowed), but they're giving all their studios basic creative freedom. No forced microtransactions, no interference from corporate. Almost complete autonomy to just make good games how they want. Xbox Game Studios is truly doing something special, imo.
    - Dr. Cheesesteak

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel like Hello Games is an absolute gimme in this scenario. Deceit and lies and a fairly garbage game that they have worked their nut off on to become actually good at zero additional cost.

Legends.