Thread: Playstation Remake with an Irish Song

Default Playstation Remake with an Irish Song

https://finalweapon.net/2021/10/08/a...ongwriter-ava/
    Irish singer and songwriter AVA recently spilled some interesting tidbits about an upcoming game announcement! According to AVA, she’s wrote a song for a “big” PlayStation remake that will be announced this December. Here’s what she had to say, courtesy of Gematsu:

“Yeah, so that actually happened about a year and half—it was just after the pandemic hit. Michael McGlynn got in touch and just said, ‘Listen, we’re writing music for a remake of a PlayStation game’—and he’s done that a lot, he’s done a lot of writing for different games that are very well known. But I’m actually not a gamer myself.
    “So anyway, he says, ‘Look, it’s an Irish language piece that they’re looking for.’ So really what I was involved with was the lyric writing in the Irish language, and his daughter sang on the track and his wife arranged part of the choral parts, and so did Michael. And he also worked with me on the language side of things, so it was almost like a family effort.
    “For ages I wasn’t allowed to really—you don’t know what you’re writing for, it’s all kind of undisclosed because they don’t want it to get out. So it’s actually going to be announced at Christmas—the name of the game. I have heard of it now and I have confirmed it is a big game, which is great! It’s going to be an Irish language piece in the game, which is brilliant.”

To add more fuel to the fire, famed composer Yasunori Mitsuda and his label PROCYON STUDIO actually worked with Michael McGlynn and his daughter Aisling for music in a new project back in August. It’s possible that this project AVA was referring to could be one in the same. For now, its best to wait and see what comes later this year.
    The popular suspected choices are: Chrono Cross, Xenogears, or Metal Gear Solid 1.

In order of my interest: Chrono Cross > MGS1 >>>>>>>>> XG.

I do not want a Xenogears remake. I love MGS1, it has a huge place in my heart, but I've made peace with the MGS series and me parting ways. I could live with an MGS1 remake. I do not trust a XG remake to not ruin my childhood, especially since Takahashi and Saga no longer work at Square.

CC is a game I really like and if they kept its great battle system, I'd be very curious about it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel MGS1 would be the most likely culprit here. While it's true the other two games were PlayStation titles, I don't think either of them have the clout to be considered big titles by a non-gamer. Not to mention rumors of a MGS1 remake have been going on for years.

CC seems the least likely. I mean Xenogears has been getting some odd shout outs from SE in the last few years, but the Chrono franchise hasn't and I imagine CT would get more love before CC did if they were going to do anything with the IP.

Granted, Mitsuda does raise some eyebrows here that it could be a SE title, but the man has composed for more non-SE franchises by this point. It's not a guarantee it's one of his projects.

MGS1 to me is the only title of the three where a remake seems feasible. I feel like SE would go the remaster route first with both XG and CC before attempting a remake of either. Unless they were going for something more low grade like the Pocket editions of XV. Even then, I feel SE would play the waters safe and go remaster first.

Course it could also be for an unrelated game as well. I mean all those titles have Irish music, but it doesn't mean they couldn't just slap an Irish song onto a remake of ICO or something.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's obviously Parappa the Rapper.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Someone supposedly finally picked up Legend of Dragoon. It wouldn't be completely out of place there, if it turns out to be true

I'm not sure how much trouble they'd put into another MGS1 port. Unless they touch up the GameCube one like Capcom did with RE1, since it was the GameCube one they brought to modern consoles. But that makes adding new music unlikely, I would think