Thread: So We Not Going to Talk About Sora Getting Into Smash?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default So We Not Going to Talk About Sora Getting Into Smash?

It happened trout. I've been long off of following the video game community for a while so I forgot how much people used to ask for Sora to be in Smash Bros. so when the reveal happened I was shocked. I was excited as hell too. He's a character I never thought would make it in because of Disney.

I forgot, but some years ago I didn't want him in. I like Kingdom Hearts a lot, but I don't really care for Sora, but I forgot all about that when the reveal happened because like I said I have stopped interacting with the bigger gaming community for years so I forgot how sick I was of people asking for him, plus I've been going to cons in the past where the DJs play Simple and Clean and it gets hype as trout. He looks damn good in the game though and there's some great fanservice with his costumes. I would've never expected a Timeless River skin. The only thing I could ask for is Simple and Clean as a stage song. That would blow me the smurf up!

Damn, I really need to get a Switch.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 10-15-2021 at 05:27 AM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They talked about it over on the Discord channel. I don't play Smash so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I feel Sora was a better choice for the game than Cloud or Sephiroth.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I dusted off my SSBU cart to get Sora but turns out I have to wait another week. He's a perfect character to include! His three spells as B attacks and double recovery seem pretty fun to try out.

I don't play Smash a lot but my kids and I will get our $6 worth messing around for a few hours with it once it comes out.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

In hindsight, Sora is kind of a no-brainer lore wise when Square Enix characters are on the table for being added into smash. My husband is really excited about this because Smash and Kingdom Hearts are like the only game series we both play. I'm generally not into DLC fighting game characters but we'll probably pick this one up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My son saw me playing Smash and now he's really into it. Somehow he kicked my butt several times as Meta Knight. He also had a level 5 Jigglypuff partner but I should have been able to handle that. They grow up so fast...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've been trying out Sora. He is fun but tough to adapt to my playstyle. He seems very combo-centric and I play more of a hit and run style. His magic is fun to use but I seem to always want to get Thundaga ready, then I waste it and get stuck with Blizzaga which I don't find as useful. His forward special is super fun to use though and I love his final smash where he locks players away in a giant keyhole.