Thread: Best Secrect Character?

Default Best Secrect Character?

One of my favorite things about Final Fantasy VII is the use of Secret Characters. Of course I'm talking about Yuffie and Vincent. They end up playing very crucial roles in the game, but you can complete the game without them in your party. I know the first time I played the game I didn't get either character - How did you find out about Yuffie and Vincent? Did you play through Final Fantasy VII without them? Lastly, Vincent played massive roles in almost all of the spin off games - Why do you think Square chose to follow Vincent's story so much seeing how he could have been passed over in the original game?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yuffie just appeared out of nowhere for me. I found out from a friend that I can recruit her and with some trial and error I was able to answer all her questions correctly.

Vincent on the other hand is totally missable. I wasn't even aware of him without a strategy guide. I think he got a lot of focus after the main FF game because his storyline has some depth and history to it that isn't explored as much in the main game. Also he looks 'cool' and has a gun.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I preferred Yuffie, generally. I liked her bit in Wutai and the materia theft.

I was interested in Vinnie's backstory but it was very piecemeal in the original game and I ended up feeling he was just some random goth tbh

ooo my gf or w/e got married to some dorky scientist so im just gonna lay in a coffin for a while whine whine whine

I missed both of them in my first playthrough. I mean, I met Yuffie but didn't know I could recruit her.

My favorite of the two is Vincent, even if I like both of them. I really liked his story and how related he is to the main story. I'm also glad he received more dept through the sequels.
    Last edited by Shiva95; 11-08-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vincent is my favorite of the two, mostly because his Limit Breaks are more unique and fun to play with and also because I hate Yuffie on a deep emotional level.

I did get both on my first playthrough. I don't think I've ever done a playthrough without collecting them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I don’t like to miss any of them. But I’d be much happier if Yuffie just didn’t exist in the first place honestly

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I loved Vincent. Someone said it earlier, but the depth of his story adds a lot of great lore to the world. His design is dope as hell even if he does start out as a serious contender for Mopey McMoperson.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

http://www.ff7citadel.com/rumors/r_charac.shtml

I’m thrilled this page still exists. I was determined to meet Boxer.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Some of that needs to be included in the remake.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Kinda hard to say, both are great characters but on a gameplay level I'd prefer using Vincent due to death penalty overflow. I also find it pretty ironic how the two secret characters, who were almost cut from the original game, now get more focus than most of the rest of the cast, along with the guy who only appeared in flashbacks (Zack). I did get both on my first playthrough but had to use a guide for Yuffie.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm pretty indifferent to both of them, so there's no favourite. I barely used either of them in battle as they didn't interest me more than other characters did, and I picked my characters based on who I liked rather than who did the best damage or anything.

Vincent was as annoying for his brooding as Yuffie was for her scamming, but they both had cool moments too so... eh.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I prefer Yuffie, but I like them both just fine. Vincent's limit break is more fun, but also less useful.

In regards to story, Vincent's story ties into more important things overall, but Yuffie's is still fun and interesting.