Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is dedicated to all Oldies

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Still mad the thread wasn't updated to have one of my posts in it.

Colbert Ya can't keep a good Slade down...

This is actually my first post since 2009. Thought I was dead and buried? Shame on you. Can't keep a good Slade down (I said the thing!).

I've lurked a couple of times over the past so many years but never did anything more than that (the explosion of social media over the last 14/15 years really put a damper on forum-life). Well, I'm possibly back now. New shiny avatar and everything. Some of you might remember me from back then or earlier. I think I joined in 2004 and was super active up until my demise in 2009.

I won't bore y'all with what I do these days (somewhere between hit-man and bicycle repairman) but I'm pretty much spending most of my free time writing and illustrating a graphic novel with some other art ventures on the side. I work other jobs for bill paying and whatnot (obviously), but art is still my main thing in life.

As for the reason for coming back, I had a weird thought today about the forum. Sort of out of nowhere. Call it "a nostalgic calling" and decided to log back in to see what it was like. In all honesty, it's great to see so many people I remember interacting with back in the day still on here. Here it comes...... it like COMING HOME! Ugh....

So anyway, hi again everyone. Maybe I'll stick around. Maybe I'll disappear for another fourteen years.... (I'll try not to. I promise) but either way, it's good (and simultaneously weird considering how long it's been) to be back!

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

It's probably been 20 years since I joined and I'll always have a soft spot for EoFF. It's nice to pop back on occasion and see some familiar names

I'm doing very well and still picking up each installment of final fantasy as well as replaying any that have trophies to get the platinum! FF9 skipping still haunts me.

I've got a lovely boyfriend and two lovely cats Good job, nice house and a car that only falls apart occasionally.

I hope the good folk of EoFF (new and old) are doing well.

Smile and Be happy

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Congratulations! I wish you many years of joy

FFXIV Character

Hildy Manderville (Faerie)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Somebody said something about oldies?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I genuinely thought the next time I ran into you would be on Twitch, again
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I genuinely thought the next time I ran into you would be on Twitch, again
    I'm nothing if not inconsistent.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hi Rydia!

I am curious what some of the 'first generation' EoFFers think when they see this place now. Although the forums activity is mostly gone, the place still more or less looks the same as it did in the mid-2000s, and most of those posts are still here. I can still come here and be reminded of what I did and felt 10-20 years ago.

But for those first two years, the forums changed a lot and most of that activity was not saved. And many of those people moved on not long after. I can't exactly remember if you were one of those Rydia but your name brings back memories of that bygone era.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Lot's of old join dates with low post counts. See you guys in another 10-20 years, I hope.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Hi Rydia!

I am curious what some of the 'first generation' EoFFers think when they see this place now. Although the forums activity is mostly gone, the place still more or less looks the same as it did in the mid-2000s, and most of those posts are still here. I can still come here and be reminded of what I did and felt 10-20 years ago.

But for those first two years, the forums changed a lot and most of that activity was not saved. And many of those people moved on not long after. I can't exactly remember if you were one of those Rydia but your name brings back memories of that bygone era.
    It's funky; my join date was definitely before 2003, and there are old posts in my profile that show so. Not sure why it shows as 2003 here. It's definitely on the slow side now; the age of forum activity has given way to things like X, Discord, Reddit, and so on. Big, wide swathes of massive site activity instead of curated communities. I miss the prevalence of places that felt like actual communities like this one, as opposed to renting space in a skyscraper.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wonder how easily we could figure out when you joined? Your oldest remaining post is July 2001, but you also won Best CK in August 2001, so I'm confident you were around a good amount of time before then...

EDIT: Thanks to my old chat logs I used to save (and have kept ever since), I can confirm I mentioned to someone about getting your phone number in Feb 2001. xD I've updated it to then but I bet we can find something more accurate somewhere. Wayback Machine has failed me but I do have my IRC logs on my dormant PC... I should migrate them to this one sometime.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Creepy Stalker

This is why ppl dun stay on this site