Thread: Blasts from the Past

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Blasts from the Past

I've been chilling to a lot of electropop (I think? Zedd, Gryffin, etc) kinda albums on YouTube lately, and I was enjoying a song called OMG by Gryffin. I thought to myself "I wonder who this singer is on this track", checked it out and it was Carly Rae Jepsen. I honestly didn't think I'd be listening to Carly on a daily basis, but here we are. Any random musicians or singers you've found yourself listening that were kind of "gone" for a decade or so before you started vibing to them?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

How very random, not two days ago I was doing a deep dive of old threads from the lounge and found myself in a SuperMillionaire special where half the board had a meltdown at him not liking songs he deemed to be titillating, which all came from his disdain of call me maybe. Ah for the glory days of EoFF.

As for the topic, I had a mini jam to Green Day for the first time in about 15 years a couple of weeks ago. Although now that I think about, I hardly ever listen to new music these days! "New" music for me is finding some old stuff which I'd never heard before.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    How very random, not two days ago I was doing a deep dive of old threads from the lounge and found myself in a SuperMillionaire special where half the board had a meltdown at him not liking songs he deemed to be titillating, which all came from his disdain of call me maybe. Ah for the glory days of EoFF.
    imma need that thread link, please and thank you

I don't think I've ever been on top of music trends. I recently discovered Nujabes and have beenn listening to that a lot, and it turns out he died 12 years ago xD

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by A Pint of Quinness View Post
    imma need that thread link, please and thank you

I don't think I've ever been on top of music trends. I recently discovered Nujabes and have beenn listening to that a lot, and it turns out he died 12 years ago xD
    I'm warning you, you're going to have a bad time. The post I made back then is still accurate.

God damn, Nujabes passing was a sad one. That music that man made was the soundtrack to my university days. Can't believe it's been 12 years already.

If you're on that wave right now, you should check out Uyama Hiroto as well.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

You know what, going through these old albums now is blowing my mind all over again. Thank you Arthur!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My genuine pleasure!