Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living in the past: EoFF origins

Default Living in the past: EoFF origins

Just out of curiosity, Who started EoFF, how did you get the funding? what made you want to make it and what did you think it could achieve when you first started?

Fun with Neo-Spacians! Luther X-Rated's Avatar

This is a very good question.....I don't know?
    You will do anything it takes to get THE story won't you!!!!
    Lv.3 Slime Knight! Slurp!

~Revolution~

*yawn*

I think it was that big guy up there who made this place. I think he was called Cid. I think.

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

Cid a.k.a. Sean Robinson i belive
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

The great Cid created EoFF, he made the internet too. EoFF is payed by Chuck Norris posts. (another $4)
    All I know is that Cid made EoFF and these forums, ask some olbies the rest.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

There was nothing, then...
    A HUGE EXPLOSION EVERYONE WATCH OUT EOFF HAS COME OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGOMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMG!

Everyone knows the big bang created EOFF...

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Once upon a time, on the Internets, there was this guy. His name was Sean Robinson, but online he likes to call himself Cid. So what did this Cid do? Well, he made a place on the Internet, and called it the Highwind, and advertised it on a Final Fantasy forum that we like to call FF:WA.

There he was, in the thread, he asked for some new members. Back then, advertising wasn't banned, so it was allowed and he got away with some new members.

Back on the Highwind, he made some of the new members moderators, or maybe even an admin. It was all cool because it was his forum, that he called the 'Highwind.' Then came along a new plan, he renamed his place 'Eyes on Final Fantasy'.

Eyes on Final Fantasy was just starting, on the EzBoard, and it grew. It was then the fastest growing FF forums to be, on the EzBoards. Soon he got bored with Ezboard, and he got rid of it and moved to Ultimate Bulletine Board (UBB), in less than a year, he got a vBulletin, which is a primitive version of the current vB that is today.

And from the past, to the present, there was only one person on the staff who stayed since the beginning, and it was not just ol' Cid. It was our good friend, the lovely bearded RSL.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I created it.

I am Cid's unteenth account.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    Once upon a time, on the Internets, there was this guy. His name was Sean Robinson, but online he likes to call himself Cid. So what did this Cid do? Well, he made a place on the Internet, and called it the Highwind, and advertised it on a Final Fantasy forum that we like to call FF:WA.

There he was, in the thread, he asked for some new members. Back then, advertising wasn't banned, so it was allowed and he got away with some new members.

Back on the Highwind, he made some of the new members moderators, or maybe even an admin. It was all cool because it was his forum, that he called the 'Highwind.' Then came along a new plan, he renamed his place 'Eyes on Final Fantasy'.

Eyes on Final Fantasy was just starting, on the EzBoard, and it grew. It was then the fastest growing FF forums to be, on the EzBoards. Soon he got bored with Ezboard, and he got rid of it and moved to Ultimate Bulletine Board (UBB), in less than a year, he got a vBulletin, which is a primitive version of the current vB that is today.

And from the past, to the present, there was only one person on the staff who stayed since the beginning, and it was not just ol' Cid. It was our good friend, the lovely bearded RSL.
    Dammit Proto beat me

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If it wasn't for Sean Robinson, I'd probably be out on the streets doing drugs right about now. But here I am, surfing eoff while thinking of limbless children in Africa and not laughing.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

I made it cause I didn't have anything better to do. And I didn't think it would actually be too popular. The forums were always more popular than the actual site... I'm not sure when that actually reversed, but it did. I didn't need funding cause I would put the site on hosting serves that threw banners and popups all over the place... and they were making a pretty penny on me. So I decided to get the site off of those spyware-installin' places, pay for my own server, and use the google ads to do so.

And thats how it went.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Ah, the words of Cid the great, tell us some tales of the early days of EoFF oh great one!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

this place actually managed to exist for maybe a day before Raistlin joined, too.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

And what a day it was I'm assuming.

Thanks guys. O great Cid! I would have thought you mean cid as in Headmaster Cid from VIII. But no.
    Been into space yet?