Thread: Final Fantasy Tactics : War of the Lions is worse than PSX

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Default Final Fantasy Tactics : War of the Lions is worse than PSX

I'm joking I have no idea, I just like the name "Balbanes" more than "Barbaneth"
    I don't even know how you pronounce it. I say "Bal-ba-nay's" hard to write it in text form. I wonder how many people even know who he is because he appears for like 30 seconds and is never seen again, on account of being dead, if you forgot he is Ramza, Dycedarg and Zalbaag's dad. Also I stole his name for a character in my story called "Balthanes" pronounced similar, although even I say "Bal-thanes" instead of "Bal-tha-nays" by accident.
    WotL has cool cutscenes though so it might be worth a shot if you can survive the lack of Balbanes.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do have a nostalgia for the original translation, but I still prefer the new one. The names are hard to get used to, but I do like the fact the plot is clarified a bit better in places and I just happen to like the Elizabethan dialect that they use for the Ivalice titles.

My only real gripe with War of the Lions is the slowdown from certain moves, and the removal of the spell casts.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It always felt to me like the Tactics Ogre remake was kind of a response to those criticisms, considering it’s lightning fast and the spell incantations are also there. Also, the iOS version of WotL actually removed all slowdown and even spruced up the graphics, but had a share of bugs of its own. Here’s hoping the remaster rumors are true and we’ll get a definitive version soon

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I'll play WotL when, in 53 years, it is been re-ported to a modern system. I could emulate PSP but I'm not in the mood to play the game currently lol. Mostly due to the lack of Balbanes