Thread: What's a game series or genre you used to play whenyou were younger?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: What's a game series or genre you used to play whenyou were younger?

Preferable something you don't play anymore but still have fond memories of.

Fighting and Rhythm games are my two biggies. they were my big genres behind RPGs back in my college days. I've been watching video essays about mechanics from the Street Fighter Alpha series and it's been super nostalgic for me. Lol

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I think i still dabble in a bit of everything now and then, but i played a lot of sonic as a youngling but I rarely play platformers at all now. Sonic is the only one I can play because I don't really like the others.
    FPS I do still play, however I used to PVP in it a lot but nowadays i hate pvp in any game it just gets me angry and that's not fun. I'll do it in destiny because they are always forcing you to but that's about it.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    I think i still dabble in a bit of everything now and then, but i played a lot of sonic as a youngling but I rarely play platformers at all now. Sonic is the only one I can play because I don't really like the others.
    FPS I do still play, however I used to PVP in it a lot but nowadays i hate pvp in any game it just gets me angry and that's not fun. I'll do it in destiny because they are always forcing you to but that's about it.
    Yup, Sonic! Mario! Megaman series! But no way i would play these genres now though. Platformers cause me to develop a phobia for platforms and heights.

PS: Running and Jumping around are too much for my old bones

Pokemon Blue for the gameboy and some other Pokemon series after.

I think the newest upcoming Pokemon will be the first time in 10+ years I will have revisited Pokemon with the intent to play through the game. I have fond memories of Pokemon because I was one of the first few kids at my school to catch 150 Pokemon. It was short lived though because someone stole my gameboy.
    "The Real Folk Blues" by Seatbelts ft. Mai Yamane