Thread: One and done

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default One and done

Is there a game franchise with multiple entries in which you've only played one game?

Whether you didn't like it, or just didn't get around to one of its many sequels.

Many. Some because I played it when there was only 1 game, some because I wasn't interested in more, some because I just haven't gotten around to the rest yet.

Trails is one that comes to mind right away.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

World of Warcraft counted? I played Warcraft 3 but never play the sequel MMORPG. I do frequently read about it though cuz the lore got my interestm

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Golden Sun comes to mind. Interesting, but overrated if you ask me. I still have my friends copies of the sequels she wanted me to play. I'm at the point I would have to replay the first again just to remember what actually happened in the plot.

Technically Brave Fencer Musashi and TWEWY as well, but that's largely because the sequels came out in at weird times and I'm already overloaded with my backlog.

As a twist on this idea. I wish I hadn't played the sequels to Mass Effect. I'd probably have a better opinion of the franchise.