Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cities you would have wanted to spend more time in

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Cities you would have wanted to spend more time in

Unfortunately we only get to see a couple streets in Zanarkand at the start of FFX. If the full city was explorable it could have had the scope of Esthar.

What areas do you like that are implied to be big, but only have a few screens to explore?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Costa del Sol was super tiny, I hope to get more football and beach antics in my FFVII Remake.

Can't think of any other places off the top of my head, actually...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I would have liked more of Bevelle and Luca in FFX, or basically any town in XII except Dalmasca.

One sort-of satisfying thing about FF7 ReMake was seeing more above the plate stuff. I'm really happy they did that. Ofc, it's mostly suburbs but whatever.

I'd like to think Treno has some kind of hipster gentrified section. It would be nice to drink a latte or something next to the water.

Speaking of water, I think Burmecia might be interesting too - it would be nice to see some creative engineering solutions for drainage, as nerdy as that sounds.

Finally, I would like to see how people actually live in some of the FF cities. What does an average home in Bevelle, Esthar, etc look like? Seeing Hope's normal, boring home in XIII was kind of jarring because mostly when you see a character's home it's interesting in some way or another and different to other homes in the game or area.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always wanted to see more of Midgar, like the Sectors we didn't go to. I mean, wouldn't it have made sense for the key to Midgar (actually called the "Key to Sector 5" or something) gave us a chance to explore more of Midgar - like the places we'd already seen, and the places we hadn't seen?

Kind of a missed opportunity, if you ask me - it could have been like "Hey, here's the Midgar you didn't see back when you were doing what the game was telling you to do!"

Blog Entries

I have this feeling about a lot of RPGs outside of Final Fantasy, but I rarely feel like I wanted to spend more time in any specific city in FF itself. I think the pacing of the games was done so well in every title that nothing ever makes me feel like I'm being either rushed or stagnated when I shouldn't be. I wanted to see a lot more of Altissa in XV and more of the other continents of Ivalice in XII, and that's about it.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I always wanted to see more of Midgar, like the Sectors we didn't go to. I mean, wouldn't it have made sense for the key to Midgar (actually called the "Key to Sector 5" or something) gave us a chance to explore more of Midgar - like the places we'd already seen, and the places we hadn't seen?

Kind of a missed opportunity, if you ask me - it could have been like "Hey, here's the Midgar you didn't see back when you were doing what the game was telling you to do!"
    The irony is that you go to most of the sectors in Midgard minus the topside. But even in the original, I think there is only one or two sectors you don't actually visit. The issues is that a lot of it is mostly "let's just walk by this boring place" type of deal. I don't feel the Remake did any better of a job, sadly.

**********************************************************************************************

To answer the question though, Tenebrae comes to mind. Being a location that gets named dropped a lot throughout the FFXV mythos, only to see snippets in custscenes and a distant look of it burning down when you actually get there.

Vector would be cool. You do get to see a bit of it, but concept art and other media shows that this place is massive in scale, being visible from the ocean. I'd also second seeing more of Bhujerba and add Archades itself.

I also wish we could see what the Tower of Zot looks like the from the outside, because we see the inside but don't know anything about it except that it's high in the sky. Is it an actual tower? A spy satellite for the Lunerians? Maybe its part of a sky city? We don't know, we just know it was Golbez's base, its likely Lunerian in origin and its in the sky.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Midgar! It is the only city with a decent public transport system!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Midgar! It is the only city with a decent public transport system!
    Deling City would like a word with you!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lindblum also. Behave, Christmas.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fools! Midgar is the only one that Helicopters are used as public transport! How dare you patronise a FF Forums without some knowledge! Inconceivable!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Helicopters are used as public transport in Midgar? The only ones I can recall off the top of my head were used by the Turks.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lindblum public transit cars fly

8 has inter-city trains. 12 has airships.

I don't think any other game has public transport OUTSIDE of big cities, and most towns and cities have none at all, even within.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Helicopters are used as public transport in Midgar? The only ones I can recall off the top of my head were used by the Turks.
    Shinra staff serve the public. So the transport they use are definitely public transport. Elderly nowadays.
    Last edited by Christmas; 07-28-2022 at 03:46 PM.