Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another sequel please?

Default Another sequel please?

I'm kind of worried I've posted this thread in the wrong place, but hey I've done it now.

Back on topic:

I really wish they would make a Final Fantasy X-3. I love that game so much and they could so make up a story for the third one. Or maybe a movie, like they did with Final Fantasy VII, that could be pretty cool as well. (:

Anyone know how I can contact Square Soft, in all seriousness?

I swear someone done this topic three or four days ago.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

That would be rather hard, seeing as that company no longer exists. You could always try Squeenix's main site here.

I think another sequel would only stain FFX's reputation. I really don't want to see it go the way of FFVII, pumping out sequels and spinoffs thicker and faster than a rabbit pumping out babies. X-2 was tolerable, only because the gameplay was so damn fun, but one sequel is more than enough, especially when the story has closure.

BTW, welcome to the forums.
    This is a signature.

Thanks. (:

I wouldn't of known whether it was posted a few days ago because, well I wasn't around then. That was my first post and thread here.

I suppose it wouldn't be as good, unless they though of some crazily amazing storyline. I just really like the story of FFX and I think I only played FFX-2 to get them back together. :P I succeeded!

Yeah, maybe not a game, but a crazy movie may be good. (:

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Frankly speaking, direct sequels of FFVII and FFX have already hit diminishing returns. In both cases the geography of the entire worlds is roughly known, so there's little room to expand into new areas and the main characters are reused too often.

The only world that shows real promise for sequels is Ivalice (FFT, FFXII). That's because each game that features it takes place on a small part of the world map, with room to expand into adjacent areas indefinately. That's a technique that worked well with the Suikoden series, because you can start over in a new area with new characters, but reference to previous games and have characters from previous games show up as cameos.

i agree with the others in that sequels tend to be a little sub-par. i think if they were going to make a X-3 a prequel would be a better idea, perhaps following the of Braska's pilgrimage, or a different summoner. i think it would be better off left as it is though, recycling old ideas doesn't tend to be too successful (look at the rocky films!!! )

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There is an old thread about an X-3 sequel already. You are not the first one to want it. I do too!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'd totally play a X-3!!!! I'd play it no matter what, but I'd only like it if Tidus were the main character n.n

I didn't like the Rikku's Story idea...I like Rikku, but only as a supporting character n.n

I'd settle for a movie. (: I mean, Advent Children was liked enough, I think. So, maybe an FFX movie wouldn't be so bad.

Also, I went onto Square Enix and there's no 'contact us' place, someone help me!

id ike a prequal. jecht braska and auron their journey.
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Or a movie set during the war between Bevelle and Zanarkand.

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    While I think this is a good idea you know what's gonna happen in the end so there really isn't any point.

I think a story about someone who started their pilgrimage but never finished would be good. They could throw in some nifty plot twists. Perhaps they were going to finish it but Yuna beat them to it and they want revenge on Yuna or something? I don't know.

Ciddieless since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    While I think this is a good idea you know what's gonna happen in the end so there really isn't any point.
    There's the million-dollar question, isn't it? How do you create a story for it when so much has already been done in X and X-2...?
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

I think maybe we've seen enuf of Spira. I mean how many times can you squish a Jumbo Flan? A possible idea is to keep the same characters but transpose them into another world (perhaps even present day earth!) Tidus and Wakka playing for the Chicago Bears anyone? Lulu and Kimahri get parts in Buffy?

A X-3 might be quite good but i think if there was going to be one it would of been done by now

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?