Thread: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Default Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Anyone play the third installment of Xenoblade Chronicles? I'm having a hard time completing it. Not so much the difficulty but I love the game so much, I'm finding myself stalling on facing the final boss. I don't want to say goodbye to these characters. There's something about the first playthrough that, once it's over, you can't get back to the same place. Even though I love all Xenoblade music, the flute tracks feel like they pierce my soul. Such an emotional game and experience.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not yet, I still need to pick it up. Hell I still need to play Xenoblade 2 and XCX.

Replaying Xenogears though...

Xenogears is one of the most repeatable games ever. No matter how many times I play, I find myself carefully studying the text in hopes of divining more understanding. We may never get a true remake of Xenogears but Takahashi does an excellent job of conveying those same themes in Xenoblade though maybe a little less convoluted or in-depth.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Xenoblade 1 is one of my favorite games ever and XC2 was also very awesome. My kids loved the random chance of rare blades in that one. I'm definitely picking up XC3 at some point. Maybe during a sale like I did with XC2.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not yet but I’m getting a Switch soon so I’ll finally be able to try 2 and 3. I really wish X got more love from the devs because it’s my fav Xenoblade so far

I liked X and I hope at some point they release it on the Switch. It's just too much of a pain to pull out the old Wii U.

I finally finished XC3. Really a beautiful game with some great philosophy. Currently working through a new game plus. I can't wait until next year when we get the expansion. The last two expansions for XCE and XC2 have definitely hyped my expectations. It could focus on the past or the future at this point. There's so much background info to explore.

I'm looking forward to XC3 as I do adore the series, but ended up getting burned out on the first game on the Wii. I'm wondering if any of the QoL changes in the Switch version would help me finish it

But I do know I will almost certainly skip XC2 because that game is too thirsty and horny for me to take seriously. At some point I'll probably grab Torna and 3. Not really worried about the things I might miss by skipping 2. It's worth avoiding all the eye-rolling I would be doing, plus I enjoy in-media-res. So long as it's compelling, being confused would just build charm and anticipation