Silent Hill Ascension

Silent Hill Townfall

So what are you most excite for?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, based on the past 10 years of entertainment media output, I come into these things with 0 excitement until a good couple of months after they release and the dust has settled. xD

Playing SH2 again would be awesome, though, although I suspect the appeal will be lost when it's not a janky ugly ass piece of trout.

I'm glad Silent Hill hasn't been abandoned. Although the games after 4 have a lot of problems, I prefer the themes and story of SH to that of, say, Resident Evil.

2 was my favourite so I'm keen to check it out. Hopefully they do it justice!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Silent Hill 2 remake I'm cautiously excited for.

The rest of it... m e h. But I guess that's because I haven't really enjoyed the series as much since Silent Hill 3 and felt like it's been squandered potential since then.

I found the teaser for the movie hilarious where they were talking about the first movie like it was an artistic masterpiece when it was decidedly average as far as video game adaptations go (which isn't exactly a high bar to clear) and sub-par in the wider genre it occupies.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

f caught me off guard with how much it’s implanted itself in my brain since I saw the trailer. It’s definitely the most exciting announcement from that entire showcase to me persobally

I never played Silent Hill, I can't wait for the remake.

Hello! The remake has been a long time coming. Is it perfect?

I'm a big Silent Hill fan but I'm not really that interested in a remake. The one I'm looking forward to is Silent Hill f. That looks intriguing. Not that I won't play the SH2 remake but I'm just not seeing it translating very well. I could be wrong.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I played the RE2 remake and it was more fun for me in replay value than the original. I'm not good at survival horror anyway, so making it easier for me to play was a plus. I'm expecting a similar appreciation here. I am terrible (re: have never beaten a single silent hill game), but love them a lot. The lore is astounding. Excited to hear about all of these, but will probably only play SH2.

I actually really love the RE2 remake. Whatever it was they did, they did it justice recapturing the style and atmosphere of the original. I've been playing and still play the original often (could probably get an A rank in my sleep) and wasn't expecting much from the remake but it pleasantly surprised me.

But Silent Hill (especially 2) is a whole other thing. Recapturing the absolute gut-punches, hopelessness and dread is something I really don't see them doing. It's so hard to explain. Resident Evil is so much easier to do a remake for and do it right. They've shown that a few times. Silent Hill is a more nuanced and personal type of experience to both the main character and the player that I don't think can be replicated with a remake. A new game, sure. A remake? Time will tell I guess...