A general reminder to people that if you type something that will spoil the game for others you may be 'drunktanked' or banned from EoFF.

You can, however, get away with talking about spoiler related stuff by simply marking your spoilers.

Here's an example of how you do that:

Type this:

[spoiler="Spoiler about the stuff that happens inside the first town"]Scooby Doo being the first character we meet in the game it really broke my immersion.[/spoiler]

Get this (click it to see the spoiler text):

Spoiler about the stuff that happens inside the first townScooby Doo being the first character we meet in the game it really broke my immersion.
Try to be as specific as you can be without actually adding spoilers into the way you describe your spoilers.

Examples of good spoiler tags:
The first boss fight, roughly one hour into the game for meWow, I never imagined we'd fight our best friend!
The plot event that happens between London and Berlin, on the beaches, I'm about 30 hours in personallyAll those people dying was so tragic, I can't believe the losses.
The scene in a bar, for me it was two days inI never knew Jimmy Joe Joe Shabadoo would actually be his real name.

Examples of bad spoiler tags:
Give away the boss: When you suddenly fight your best friend 35 minutes inWow I never imagined we'd fight our best friend!
When they raided the beaches and a lot of people dieAll those people dying was so tragic, I can't believe the losses.
The massive plot twist on the second dayI never knew Jimmy Joe Joe Shabadoo would actually be his real name.

For posters: Basically, don't give stuff away, and don't assume everyone plays at the same speed as you. Just try to be as careful as possible, but still specific enough that you feel people should understand if they know what you're referring to. Hopefully the game will have chapters in which case we can say "in chapter two" or something, but if it doesn't, we'll have to just try our best!
EDIT: I'm also setting up threads where we can talk about the game so far freely based on story achievements / chapters completed. Within these threads, you can freely discuss anything that has already happened prior to the respective achievement / chapter conclusion. For speculation about what will happen next, please continue to mark this as spoilers within these threads.

And remember, saying "the plot twist" or "that insane moment" is still giving stuff away. You don't need to specify that it's a plot twist or an insane moment. Just say "the plot event" or "the moment" and leave out the hype, let people experience things without expectations.

For readers: When all else fails, if a spoiler tag is too vague for you to know that you've definitely passed that point, click only at your own risk, or don't click at all. Personally I'll probably avoid clicking any spoiler tags until I'm really confident I'm ahead of the point being discussed. If you're really, really nervous about seeing something you shouldn't? Just don't read the forum until you've played the game. Problem solved.