Thread: This game is boring as hell (no spoilers)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

*yawn* This game is boring as hell (no spoilers)

Y'all, I was so hyped by the demo. SO hyped. But I'm 50% through based on the home screen and nothing has happened. Even when big moments have happened...it's like what's any of this?

It feels more like playing a history book than a game with characters and story I care about. You could replace Jill with a cardboard cutout and it would have more personality. I don't mind long cutscenes, and some things they do with the Bearers to show how they're treated in the world is great, but god most of it is long-winded and BORING. There's no emotion in this game.

V disappointed
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The home screen tells you 50% but I believe it's referring to the quest, not the overall game. Mine has been 50% and then dropped back down to 0% later on, so I can only assume that's what it is. At the moment I find the "Here be Rosfields" trophy progress to be a better indicator of how far into the game you are. It's freely visible and says there are 68 areas in the game, I've so far been to only 21 of them.

I tend to agree with you on the characters. The longer the game goes on the more I've become interested in the overall story, and the characters might have interesting stories individually as well, but as a group I find them lacking - I think they need to be more diverse in personality.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    The home screen tells you 50% but I believe it's referring to the quest, not the overall game. Mine has been 50% and then dropped back down to 0% later on, so I can only assume that's what it is. At the moment I find the "Here be Rosfields" trophy progress to be a better indicator of how far into the game you are. It's freely visible and says there are 68 areas in the game, I've so far been to only 21 of them.

I tend to agree with you on the characters. The longer the game goes on the more I've become interested in the overall story, and the characters might have interesting stories individually as well, but as a group I find them lacking - I think they need to be more diverse in personality.
    There are two percentages. The chapter you're currently on, and the main story itself. The main story percentage is much smaller and located next to the amount of time played when you're on the home screen. Using trophies to gauge story progression is rough for me because I forget what is tied with what, but numbers I can do haha!

And yeah, the thing is, I like Clive. But he's your typical JRPG protag. Jill is bland. And none of the characters around them really bring enough to the table to keep you interested in them? Like I like Gav a lot, but everyone is just sort of there for me.
    Last edited by Jinx; 06-24-2023 at 02:09 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, I agree. Honestly I'd prefer having the likes of Is it a spoiler if I'm listing characters that aren't going to join your party (to my knowledge)? Oh well, just to be safe, here's a spoiler tag.Gav, Goetz, Tarja, Benedikta as the party alongside default protagonist Clive. I feel like that group of personalities would work well. I mean, with those four added as people on the journey alongside Jill and Cid, it'd have so much more going on, and we could explore each of their personality types and hang out with the ones we ant to hang out with more often. But that's wishful thinking now I suppose.

The big problem for me is that it's all so serious, and all so gloomy, and all so broody.

They need more depth, and they need more distinct personality, and they need at least a little bit more fun.

EDIT: And oh, looks like we're at the same part of the story, then. I'm on 49%.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will say a new character is introduce shortly after where you are, and they are lovely. I like them a lot. More of them, please!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I take it all back! Well, maybe not all of it. The like 20-58%ish is smurfing dire, but good good does it all start coming together after that.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

The pacing can be off. When it's good...God damn, is it good. But they advertised the game as being a "roller coaster"...not quite, with fetch quests popping up for the main scenario. Started to feel a bit like FFXIV at some of those points.

I guess they did this on purpose though for players to have a bit of down time for some side quests, hunts etc.

I'm + 60% now though after finishing the "Fire in the sky" chapter and dammmnnnnn. Love it.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>