Thread: FFIX Remake

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default FFIX Remake

Read it from some website! Anyone excited!?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Seems like it's just another random dude spouting stuff and it getting traction tbh. I'll believe it if there's an announcement, until then, will treat it the same way I treated all those FFVII rumours back in the day - with a gigantic boulder of salt.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm more curious about the animated series they're supposedly doing. I feel like that's more likely to be the remake we'll get for IX.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm more curious about the animated series they're supposedly doing. I feel like that's more likely to be the remake we'll get for IX.
    I'm pretty sure that the animated series is where everyone keeps getting these remake rumors from in the first place. Whatever was leaked/released about the animated series has been mixed up (probably purposely) somewhere along the line to being about a IX remake to gain traction, as Loony BoB said.

I'm in a small minority of people who doesn't want the remake to go ahead. I'm just not that interested in remakes in general. Some have been good, often great (Resident Evil 2002 Remake, Tomb Raider Anniversary, FFIV DSmake) but I'd much rather see games that were fumbled the first time or had massive potential but failed to get the remake treatment than games that were amazing out of the gate. I get it that it's an easy cash grab for companies but do you know how cool something like Aliens: Colonial Marines would've been if it had actually worked properly?

That and totally new games, of course. I really don't want to have to wait 20 years for FFXVII...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would agree that I wouldn't mind seeing something failed get a proper second chance, but with such a risk adverse industry, I doubt we'll see that happen. At least we're getting remasters of games never released outside of Japan from SE.

As for XVII, with the track record SE has, I imagine it will be another MMO.

So that's my level of knowledge.

The animated series has been officially announced by the studio that is producing it.

https://www.cybergroupstudios.com/20...he-first-time/

The FF9 Remake rumors came from different leak sources which all have good (not perfect) credibility so far.

- The nvidia leak list.

- a resetera user named "I'm a hero too" who predicted a lot of other things correctly.

- Jeff Grubb (known video game journalist) who talked about it in a livestream.

- For the cherry on top: There was this FF9 collaboration in FF7 Ever Crisis, which could have been a hint. Testing the waters.

They also say that it will be one complete game. Visually, it would be something between Crisis Core Reunion and FF7 Remake. And it would be faithful to the story and the gameplay (atb).

I also noticed that Ito (FF9 OG director) hasn't had a project in development for a while now. So it would make sense for him to direct the FF9 remake.

Another important point seems to me that the FF developers know that part of the fanbase wants a return to classic turnbased / ATB systems. And this discussion is already very old.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Square made a conscious decision to create a PS5 exclusive for every type of combat system.

FF16 was the pure action game. FF7 Rebirth will be the hybrid game. And FF9 Remake would then be the classic ATB game. So every target group seems to be able to be satisfied with something.

Even if it's not my first choice for a remake: If most of this is true and this world gets a new shine, I'm definitely on board. However, I pray that it takes local languages ​​into account. It would be smurfing hilarious.

Another important point seems to me to be that the FF developers know that part of the fanbase wants a return to ATB systems. And this discussion is already very old.So I wouldn't be surprised if Square made a conscious decision to create a PS5 exclusive for every type of combat system.FF16 was the pure action game. FF7 Rebirth will be the hybrid game. And FF9 Remake would then be the classic ATB game. So every target group seems to be able to be satisfied with something.

I'd love a remake of this game. I'd want them to really do the OG justice though. The original Final Fantasy IX has a magical, whimsical, mystical but yet dark them to it. It just 'feels' so right as a fantasy game. I'd love to see some extra content as well both story and gameplay wise.