Thread: 18 year anniversary

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default 18 year anniversary

“It’s an irritating reality that many places and events defy description. Angkor Wat and Machu Picchu, for instance, seem to demand silence, like a love affair you can never talk about. For a while after, you fumble for words, trying vainly to assemble a private narrative, an explanation, a comfortable way to frame where you’ve been and whats happened.

In the end, you’re just happy you were there - with your eyes open - and lived to see it.” - Anthony Bourdain

Del Murder and I are celebrating our 18 year anniversary next week. It’s hard to put into words the full scope of what this place has meant to us and what it’s given us. And people who weren’t here can never really understand how two weirdos found each other on a Final Fantasy forum and somehow made lasting connections and built a really beautiful life together. But you all were here, so you get it. We were so so lucky to have had EoFF in our lives. 💛

I’m gonna make another post like this in just a few short years, when our kiddos will be the same age I was when I first started posting here. Del Murder just has to keep the lights on here long enough for me to do that.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I am truly really glad of the happiness you two found together, it brings me joy.

and now I need to defuse the heartfelt nice post with something wacky and offbeat so tbh I always thought him and eestlinc were end game but it just goes to show.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    and now I need to defuse the heartfelt nice post with something wacky and offbeat so tbh I always thought him and eestlinc were end game but it just goes to show.
    I know you want to deflect with humor but I’m just gonna say I’m thankful for you too Psychotic! I was randomly looking at my old Livejournal to see if it still exists and saw our old chaotic comments bouncing between you, me and Misfit and dang we were just kids. 😭😭 It was such a special time. The internet my kids are growing up with is completely different.

We all kept arguing about the golden era of EoFF and missed the fact that we were in the golden age of the entire internet itself.
    Last edited by Miriel; 10-26-2023 at 09:37 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congratulations you two!

1392515954958.gif

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Happy anniversary! It is truly amazing that out of all the internet forums in the world, I stumbled upon the best one. And then out of all the people on that forum, I married the best one.

Many different people have lived through technological marvel periods that have changed all generations after; agriculture, electricity, cars, telephones, television to name a few. But to live through the time where people can instantaneously connect with multitudes others from across the world and have the entirety of human knowledge at their fingertips is truly mind boggling.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I logged back in just to say that this is absolutely amazing. very happy for you two

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You know you've achieved something when Eyes on Final Fantasy's one and only admistratar, Crash26821, logs in to say congrats. Congrats from me too.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

An amazing milestone, cheers to you two! The 18 years doesn't make me feel old, but the "soon our kiddos will be the same age I was when I first started posting here" sure does.

I remember y'all lived in the Bay Area, and around the time I first joined EoFF in 2004 my pipe dream was to move to San Francisco and work for a videogame website. I've been here 12 years now!

So, no idea if you're still across the bay but *waves anyway*

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

We are still across the Bay, Seph. How are you enjoying the chaos of APEC?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

This is unbelievable!