Thread: Best Character out of a game you didn't like?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Question Best Character out of a game you didn't like?

What it says on the tin. Have you ever played a game you weren't fond of or came up short, but there was at least that one character that made things bearable, or had so much potential if they weren't stuck in such an RPG?

I've played Cyberpunk 2077. Initially, I don't like it because it has terrible glitches and bugs . But, I still play it because of Panam Palmer. Well, I love her
    "Life is a game, play it." uno online

Paine in FFX-2.

I'll start by saying that I don't dislike X-2. It's fun as all hell and has a great battle system and the take on the job system. But as a follow up to X? The story leaves a lot to be desired and the 100% ending spits on the original and just rubs me the wrong way (The "bad" ending is my canon). And I really don't like Yuna's character. The overly naive anime character cliche makes me cringe so hard. Rikku I can understand being as annoying as she is but Yuna kind of feels like character assassination to me.

"Well I don't like your character, Yuna. It sucks!"

So yeah, that aside, Paine was awesome and deserved her own game. I always wanted more scenes with her in X-2 and enjoyed all the scenes she was in. She has a great attitude and voice too. Just an all round cool character that was in the wrong game.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For me, i is definitely Sazh from Final Fantasy XIII. My recentish replay of the game confirmed to me that he really was not only the best character in he game, but one of the most original o come out of the franchise for a while. It is a shame the sequels don't really know what o do with him, and proof that Japan's youth focused culture with anime and video games makes it difficult for these people to fathom what a parent would do after having kids.

I've actually learned to love FFXIII a lot over the past few years and Sazh is a big part of that. Next to Lightning (I have a bit of a soft spot for her), Sazh is definitely my fav. The pain and growth that guy goes through during the game's plot is handled pretty well in the first game.

It's a bit of a travesty that they sideline him in the sequels. I mean, he does have his own dlc for XIII-2 but it's just dlc so a lot of people probably haven't even played it. Also, although kind of fun, you just play slot machines and cards most of it. I guess he has a mission centered around him in "Lightning Returns" but it's pretty much only counted as a low reward mission (despite both the impact for the character and emotional value it has) whereas it probably should have been a main story mission.